FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Dead Nexus 7 2013 flo

26th July 2014, 02:04 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello, one and all. Well, my Nexus 7 seems to have completely quit on me.

I had it unlocked and rooted with multirom, though the problem doesn't lie there. My nexus has been giving me issues with chargers for about a month, either not charging or charging as slowly as if it were USB charging. Eventually, it died and would not charge.

After a week of holding the power button to see the dead battery icon, and still attempting to charge it, the LED flashed white five times. This went on for about two days, I still tried to charge it then.

Now I don't get any response. No depleted battery icon. No LED. no nothing. I really need some help in trying to revive my Nexus. It was given to me as a gift from a woman who I loved as a mother.

Could anyone possibly know what the problem might be, or whether it is possibly to return it under warranty to Best Buy or Asus and get a replacement?

26th July 2014, 07:33 PM |#2  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Anyone...

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araan45

Anyone...

Wrong post, Sorry!
30th July 2014, 06:54 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Bump. Does anyone know how to help me out, at all?
1st August 2014, 03:55 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Try this. They might repair it, or send you a refurbished one.
https://support.google.com/googlepla.../3070579?hl=en
If you don't care about losing data, you can try this. It saved my Nexus.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2381582
Last edited by digitalking; 1st August 2014 at 04:41 PM.
18th December 2014, 09:40 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Damn, looks like I'm stuck
Well, I don't own a laptop, unfortunately.

I'd been looking for any repair services, because the issue appears to be with the charging port. Unfortunately, I can't find any in the area.

As of now, I've resorted to just plugging my HTC charger into my Nexus 7, and leaving it here for a while. So far, it's been about 3 hours. Hopefully, it'll at least get a bit of juice. I'm still looking for solutions, any and all are appreciated.
19th December 2014, 08:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
If the led flashes 5 times, it means the battery is dry. If it still doesn't charge when plugged in, I would say the battery has gone bad. There are quite a few who reported that the usb port itself could also easily go bad. Your best bet at this point is to try charging it wirelessly. If still no go, then it's more likely the battery. If it does, then the other possibility.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread