ElementalX Kernel OC

15th July 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I am using ElementalX kernel on stock 4.4.4 android. I have to OC set to 1.944GHz currently. AnTuTu bench at 1.944GHz and 450MHz GPU gives me between 24-25k result. Now if I lower the CPU to 1.89GHz it drops to 21k. And if I go back to stock freq I get 19k. Something does not seem right in the test results as related to the frequencies. Question is this: Are there sweet spots in the frequency range for the CPU?

P.S. I know many people dislike benchmarks...I'm using it for comparative purposes...
15th July 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 166

724 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoffee1985

I am using ElementalX kernel on stock 4.4.4 android. I have to OC set to 1.944GHz currently. AnTuTu bench at 1.944GHz and 450MHz GPU gives me between 24-25k result. Now if I lower the CPU to 1.89GHz it drops to 21k. And if I go back to stock freq I get 19k. Something does not seem right in the test results as related to the frequencies. Question is this: Are there sweet spots in the frequency range for the CPU?

P.S. I know many people dislike benchmarks...I'm using it for comparative purposes...

It states it in the thread, having cpu at 1.9ghz is not economical with battery consumption and performance, it Is best at 1.7ghz
15th July 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)
Thanks Meter: 202

593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoffee1985

You should monitor your CPU temp and frequency while benching.
You would see that your CPU's temp probably goes above 70C if not higher and so the kernel thermal throttling policies would downclock your CPU's max freq. in order to keep your CPU "cool".

If you first bench @ 1944MHz then bench @ a litle lower frequency and have very lower score then its not because of the lower freq. but because you did first heat up your CPU @ 1944 and when you re-run @ lower freq. your CPU is already very hot and so does a severe thermal throttling.

Last point : running your CPU @ 1944MHz is not good since thermal throttling while happen every now and then.
Not convinced?
Then simply launch the camera app and try to take a video of 5 mins...your CPU will become so hot that it will downclock to something ridiculously low and your recording will become jerky.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank