Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

every game lags and stutters on new nexus 7

Tip us?

masterx1234
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question every game lags and stutters on new nexus 7

so i just got a brand new nexus 7 2nd gen last week and so far i love it but nearly every game is suffering from what i can understand as "stuttering" or "microstutter". its as if the games just dont play smooth, several games hitch and lag when there is alot of movement on the screen, i am on the latest version of android (kitkat 4.4.4) and my device is rooted, but this issue even still affected the tablet even before the root. So what on earth could cause my games to stutter and lag like they do?? also i have tried disabling google currents entirely and that did nothing. so do any of you android users out there know anything i can do to fix the lag in my games? also my nexus 7 also seems to be suffering from random reboots as well. I am certain it is a software issue and not the tablet itself, because i have read that many other users of this tablet are having the exact same problem after updating to kitkat 4.4.4, Please try to make your replies as simple as possible because im a total noob in this whole android stuff and im just getting into hacking and tweaking my first ever android tablet.

Diljinder
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I'm suffering extremely Jerky scrolling issue in different apps.

I was also quite excited about this purchase made just a few weeks ago. Can't be more disappointed.

You can try an app called "lag fix". It'll TRIM your storage. It made a huge difference in previous Nexus 7, but I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in my case on Nexus 7 2013.

This will be effectively my last Asus product.
Current Devices :- LG Optimus G E970, Asus Nexus 7 32GB 2013
Previous Devices :- HTC Wildfire, HTC Inspire 4G, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, HTC Titan, Nokia Lumia 900, LG Optimus 2x, Nokia Lumia 810

mugzylol
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have had NONE of these problems on mine. I love mine and it works great for me. You should definitely try a hard reset because they usually work quite well on things like this.

sent from my nex7