Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

Any help please

31st August 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
Sliverme's Avatar
OP Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 5
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

31st August 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
3,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme

I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?
31st August 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #3  
Sliverme's Avatar
OP Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 5
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?

Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..
31st August 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,250
 
3,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme

Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..

I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.
1st September 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #5  
Sliverme's Avatar
OP Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 5
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.

Thanks for the input.
1st September 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #6  
stevemw's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Falls Church
Thanks Meter: 36
 
371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
More
Please let us know if a factory reset corrects the problem. If it does not, a warranty repair/replacement might be called for.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank