Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any help please

OP Sliverme

31st August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 5

52 posts
More
I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

31st August 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,201 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme

I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?
31st August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag NJ

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?

Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..
1st September 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288

3,201 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme

Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..

I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.
1st September 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag NJ

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.

Thanks for the input.
1st September 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Falls Church, VA
Thanks Meter: 45

416 posts
More
Please let us know if a factory reset corrects the problem. If it does not, a warranty repair/replacement might be called for.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread