Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any help please

Tip us?

Sliverme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Battery Full Any help please

I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme View Post
I'm getting frustrated with googling every term I can imagine and decided to reach out. My Nexus 7 2013 has never had a problem, wife let it drain and shut off when she fell asleep playing f****** Candy Crap and now it'll take a full charge but always says "please charge your device" and has the icon a red zero % kind of deal, Even though it says all that the device can be unplugged and used for hours without issue. I know there isn't a battery or hardware issue but my OCD wants that bastard to say 100% again. Any ideas besides a factory reset? BTW, it's not rooted and is still locked.

Thanks guys, Happy Labor Day!

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Sliverme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the device is fully charged but it is reporting 0% charge when you unplug it?
Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliverme View Post
Yes sir and once unplugged you can use it for an entire day, just never know where your level is at...
Since this happened (and there's no other issues besides this specific one) we've just been leaving it plugged in on the nightstand and only using it in the bedroom at night..
I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Sliverme
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
I think if you are not rooted (and don't want to root), the only possible fix is going to be a factory reset. There are some tutorials floating around on how to back up your apps with ADB.
Thanks for the input.

stevemw
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Please let us know if a factory reset corrects the problem. If it does not, a warranty repair/replacement might be called for.
Nexus 4 (2012), Nexus 7 FHD, Nexus 5 (2013), LG G Watch (2014)