Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Issues with replacement screen

OP ElatedSacrifice

27th August 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphdarnell

How does thermal paste make an adhesive? And why do you need that for a cable connection? A thermal paste transfers heat from one surface to another. A cable connection generates no heat. Also, some thermal pastes conduct current. If you smear an amount of such stuff on the connector, you might cause the pins to short. 'm confused.

What I'm Looking for is an adhesive for the ribbon cable connevtion . one of the articles above explains the dead spot issue I am having. Sorry for the dumb question I don't have a lot of experience working inside of things like this but I figured the tablet was trash if I couldn't fix it anyways so I might as well give it shot for the experience.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread