[Q] Can't log into my email using Nexus 7 email client

Tip us?

iamcreasy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Can't log into my email using Nexus 7 email client

Hello everybody how are you all?

Firstly I'd like to apologize because it looks like a very simple problem. But, I've googled a bit and couldn't seem to get any closer to the solution.

I want to use the email app on my Nexus 7 to access my university email. This email accounts are provided by Microsoft.

After I enter my account name, on the second screen, it asks me about Account Type. POP3, IMAP or Exchange.

I tried
  • with POP3 > enter password > Incoming server settings(used defaults) > When trying to sign in "Couldn't finish : Couldn't open connection to server."
  • with IMAP, it ask for "sign in with password" or "sign in with google". In both cases, I get the error "Couldn't finish : Couldn't open connection to server"
  • with Exchange and I get the same error. But in this case the email client ask for a "client certificate", I haven't selected anything for that option.

What are the options(POP3, IMAP, Exchange) and how to setup this email client for my university account?

Thank you,

iamcreasy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I had to contact my university to get server link, security type and port number for IMAP and SMTP information.