Nexus 7 (2013) Power button and booting problem

OP will182

7th July 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

5 posts
Long story short, 1 month ago my Nexus 7 (2013) got water damaged, I immediately covered it in rice and left it for a couple of days, and after turning it back on, have a weird issue.
The power button will not work what so ever, I've tried holding it in for over 60 seconds, aswell as holding in the volume buttons along with the power button.
The only way to turn it on is to plug the nexus into the mains. I then get the white LED flashing 5 times, which I assume means it's charging up from a completely dead battery.
After about 20 minutes of charging, the google logo will pop up, stay on for 3-5 seconds, then the unit will reset itself (screen goes off, then back on to the google logo, and repeats like that).
However....If i hold in the volume down button, it'll boot up like normal, everything works fine, but take your finger off the volume button and it'll reset and only boot to the google logo. Holding volume up will take it too the boot loader.
The issue is that at no point, (in the bootloader or once its booted in to the OS) will the power button work whatsoever.

I first assumed that the button was broken, and stuck to the ON position, so ordered a new button cable (which includes the power button, volume up and down, aswell as the microphone) but this hasn't done anything.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread