Rotation stuck in upside down portrait???

2nd September 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

520 posts
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd ask. Today my n7 seems to be stuck in upside down portrait! Turning rotation in and off doesn't do anything, nor does rebooting. And it won't rotate to landscape. I haven't done a factory reset yet, hoping to avoid it. Just thought I'd ask her first.
2nd September 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

146 posts
There are some root apps that can force rotation ...

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd September 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hillsboro, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 16

68 posts
More
Me Too
Quote:
Originally Posted by goughymachine

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd ask. Today my n7 seems to be stuck in upside down portrait! Turning rotation in and off doesn't do anything, nor does rebooting. And it won't rotate to landscape. I haven't done a factory reset yet, hoping to avoid it. Just thought I'd ask her first.

I've had this happen today also, in the recent past I had it lock on landscape (with the back camera behind the upper left corner). I had been using a non-standard kernel, and switched back to the stock, but it didn't seem to stop the problem. I read in another thread that there may be some problems with the sensors, perhaps affected by the on-off magnet in a smart case. I don't know that that is a problem, but I did just recently get a new smart polio case and if that's the problem I'll get something else!
2nd September 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

520 posts
Dga, since the last update I haven't bothered rerooting mine. Currently is sick standard.

Mbam, I do use a poetic brand case with magnet.

For the sake of it I might just factory reset and see what happens. Might even reinstall the stock rom, or maybe try L.
2nd September 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

520 posts
Well that was just seriously whack. My new laptop hasn't been connected to my nexus 7, and I thought I should re-root and back it up before I do anything. So I connected it to my laptop, waited until whatever drivers had been installed, then suddenly the n7 screen flipped around to normal, and now all rotation angles seem to be working again!!

I love technology......
The Following User Says Thank You to goughymachine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread