Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 49,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 2013 Won't Erase Userdata

Tip us?

motorbreath1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 7 2013 Won't Erase Userdata

Hello friends!
I've found several threads on various forums with this problem, but no viable solutions so far.
I decided to give my 2013 N7 to my wife so I performed a factory data reset. It began the process then became stuck while erasing the userdata. After a couple hours it gave me the dead Android. I restarted and it was bootlooped. I then booted into bootloader mode to just flash the stock image files. While in fastboot, the first step I took was to unlock the bootloader. I was prompted with the "Yes" or "No" options. I choose yes then it hung at 'erasing userdata'. I left out overnight hoping it would eventually continue. No luck. I have never been rooted or ROM'd on this tablet. All stock. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408496208091.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.9 KB, 73 views)

ScottKnight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am in the exact same boat and have spent a number of hours over the last week or so trying to get it going again. Mine was actually running Android L since the day it dropped and got stuck in a bootloop after a dead battery. Something is definitely corrupt, because it fails to erase, format or flash any partitions.

I had left the bootloader unlocked after flashing L. In a fit of desperation, I tried fastboot oem lock, and of course it locked. Now I can't get it unlocked again.

What reading I have done doesn't look promising.

motorbreath1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah. I have found zero solutions on ecru forum out there. My wife's first gen N7 will bootloop out of nowhere about every three months. I loved Nexus tablets until this nonsense. I think I'm done with them.