Nexus 7 2013 Won't Erase Userdata

20th August 2014, 01:56 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Somerset, KY
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Hello friends!
I've found several threads on various forums with this problem, but no viable solutions so far.
I decided to give my 2013 N7 to my wife so I performed a factory data reset. It began the process then became stuck while erasing the userdata. After a couple hours it gave me the dead Android. I restarted and it was bootlooped. I then booted into bootloader mode to just flash the stock image files. While in fastboot, the first step I took was to unlock the bootloader. I was prompted with the "Yes" or "No" options. I choose yes then it hung at 'erasing userdata'. I left out overnight hoping it would eventually continue. No luck. I have never been rooted or ROM'd on this tablet. All stock. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408496208091.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.9 KB, 150 views)
4th September 2014, 11:26 PM |#2  
Flag Allison Park, PA, USA, Earth

2 posts
More
I am in the exact same boat and have spent a number of hours over the last week or so trying to get it going again. Mine was actually running Android L since the day it dropped and got stuck in a bootloop after a dead battery. Something is definitely corrupt, because it fails to erase, format or flash any partitions.

I had left the bootloader unlocked after flashing L. In a fit of desperation, I tried fastboot oem lock, and of course it locked. Now I can't get it unlocked again.

What reading I have done doesn't look promising.
5th September 2014, 12:20 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Somerset, KY

10 posts
More
Yeah. I have found zero solutions on ecru forum out there. My wife's first gen N7 will bootloop out of nowhere about every three months. I loved Nexus tablets until this nonsense. I think I'm done with them.
15th December 2014, 02:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

68 posts
I have the same problem.

Any solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
8th January 2015, 12:00 PM |#5  
Flag Allison Park, PA, USA, Earth

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo123456789

I have the same problem.

Any solutions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The only solution I ever found was to buy a broken screen tablet from eBay for it's motherboard. I spent hours and hours over a couple weeks trying to revive it. The replacement has been rock solid ever since.

Good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread