FORUMS

Nexus 7 discontinued?

454 posts
Thanks Meter: 119

By jshamlet, Senior Member on 27th April 2015, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/25/84...7-discontinued

I am hoping this means "until the next product refresh", but for now the N7 is no longer available through Google.

28th April 2015, 05:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I still love it, the old one didn't have back camera an Qi. I'll skip the 9, as it too big. Maybe consider, go nexus 6 way, instead of 2 devices...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
28th April 2015, 01:44 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 911

More
Google might introduce a Nexus 7 ( 2015 ) or similar Tablet soon ? It seems that the Nexus 9 was not a huge success after all ?
28th April 2015, 05:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgtech

Google might introduce a Nexus 7 ( 2015 ) or similar Tablet soon ? It seems that the Nexus 9 was not a huge success after all ?

Probably because it is bloody expensive for what it is, and fails to offer features found on similarly priced units. It has a lower resolution display (pixels per inch) than the N7, no SD card slot like nearly every other tablet in its price range, no wireless charging, etc. and it costs more than a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1!

The whole attraction to the Nexus 7 was that it was a very good tablet at a very good price. Even at the $229 I paid for mine new over a year ago, I felt it was a solid deal - enough that I could live with the few restrictions (like no SD card slot). At today's prices, it is a fantastic deal.

The Nexus 9? Not so much. At that price point, the stuff that got left off is more embarrassing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)