Nexus 7 Won't Charge? Empty Battery Icon

OP NinjaWolf

10th August 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 228

440 posts
More
OK so i bought this broken nexus 7 off ebay with intents of fixing it, he gave me two lcds, one(good lcd, bad digitizer) and two(okay lcd, good digitizer). upon trying to charge it, nothing appears or lights up. And if trying to turn on, it displays an empty battery icon. i opened it up and disconnected the battery to see if i could bypass the battery to run straight off the usb, no luck. i am thinking its a bad charging port. Any ideas?
13th August 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Piatra Neamt
Thanks Meter: 525

804 posts
More
It could be the charging port or it could be something else on the motherboard. Almost the same thing happened on my SGS GT-i9000. I couldn't turn it on, and when I plugged it in, I got only an empty battery with a circle showing up . I couldn't make it boot. So I took it to a GSM service and the guy there said that some connections on the motherboard were fried and the charging port was damaged, so I left the phone to him and 2 days later I got it back repaired for 20 Euros. I recommend you take it to a service, or if your got the know-how, replace the charging port(very cheap), hopefully it will be fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread