Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New Nexus with KK4.4.4 - where to from here?

OP HD2wally

31st August 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
I just got my new 2013 Nexus with the latest KK4.4.4 pre installed.
I normally always flash a custom ROM right away when I get a new device. I've unlocked and rooted right away but is there any real advantage of now flashing something like Cyanogen stable or nightly? I'd appreciate any advice or knowledge of any advances from here.
Thanks
1st September 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2wally

I just got my new 2013 Nexus with the latest KK4.4.4 pre installed.
I normally always flash a custom ROM right away when I get a new device. I've unlocked and rooted right away but is there any real advantage of now flashing something like Cyanogen stable or nightly? I'd appreciate any advice or knowledge of any advances from here.
Thanks

Don't flash Cyanogen because it's not good. But you need to flash something because if stock had any less options, they would number in the negatives.
1st September 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Berisso
Thanks Meter: 11

177 posts
More
Paranoid Android is a really good and stable ROM. It doesn't have as much features as Cyanogen, but it has definitely more than Stock. I'm also using ElementalX kernel and it's excellent too. Would surley recommend both...
4th September 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
More
Right now I'm running CleanRom 4.4.4 + Xposed w/gravity box & Cool Tool (which is an app with xposed functionality not a stand alone module).

So far it's all great and running smooth. Before I used to just run stock rooted with Xposed (and CWM recovery). The benefit of Xposed is that you don't need to flash roms to get the tweaks you want, I'd highly recommend it.

xposed framework:
Forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changlog-t2714053
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread