Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus screen 100% unresponsive

Tip us?

x Eacott
Old
(Last edited by x Eacott; 8th July 2014 at 08:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Nexus screen 100% unresponsive

Well to begin I shall say I am quite excited to own one of these puppies, I really do love the thing. I'm proud to be a member of the nexus community here.

I've been a member for a little bit now, I understand the search options and such but my research has not done well. So as in then title, my nexus 7 screen is 100% unresponsive.

I bought the device on craigslist, and it looks/feels brand new. Non problems for a few days. After rooting, unlocking bootloader, and installing TWRP, I flashed CyanogenMod latest nightly and it ran perfectly.

One morning i set it down outside to watch TV. Brought it in, set it on a table. I went to unlock the screen and it didn't respond. There is no strange spots or anything, the screen would not register my finger. All the buttons still worked fine.

So I had to let it die, and went to do a factory reset and it registered fine in TWRP. I did the factory reset, re-flashed CyanogenMod and everything was back to normal.

I have no idea how it happened in the first place, but it seems all the touchscreen issues revolve around the screen only being slightly off, or having rough spots, or the right half unresponsive. Im interested to know if anyone else has experienced this or if there is some fix, I would be quite happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7

cowbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Try removing any case and holding the tablet directly in your free hand or touching the bezel.

x Eacott
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
No case on it...so I'm good there...odd problem this thing has. I've seen others talk about specific surfaces affecting it such as a desk or a pillow. No idea how mine became literally unusable

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app