Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No OS on Nexus 7

OP Miisham9

30th July 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Hi people,

I have my nexus 7 4g tablet already for a few months, when I bought it I had a windows PC and I rooted it, today I flashed a new rom but the rom didn't work and I accidentally deleted the OS on the Tablet, now I have searched for a solution on the net but I havent found one for Mac because I upgraded to a Macbook Air recently, don't have a windows PC no more...

Could somebody PLEASE help me? My Nexus 7 just lies here bricked doing nothing, such a waste of such a beautiful and good tablet!

Thx

Misha
30th July 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miisham9

Hi people,

I have my nexus 7 4g tablet already for a few months, when I bought it I had a windows PC and I rooted it, today I flashed a new rom but the rom didn't work and I accidentally deleted the OS on the Tablet, now I have searched for a solution on the net but I havent found one for Mac because I upgraded to a Macbook Air recently, don't have a windows PC no more...

Could somebody PLEASE help me? My Nexus 7 just lies here bricked doing nothing, such a waste of such a beautiful and good tablet!

Thx

Misha

okay i dont know how to do it on Mac, but it similar to PC. First, you got to be fimilar with terminal (similar to CMD for windows)
second, read this http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...c-one-0151178/

Third, download the rom
fourth, plug nexus into computer and then reboot in into custom recovery
fifth, i only know of TWRP to use sideload. http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

pretty much you can push a rom from your computer into the the device when stuff like this happends.

PS might be other easy ways but i dont know much. I have learned from trial and error. I have also deleted the OS many times.
30th July 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Taunton
Thanks Meter: 64

266 posts
More
Might be easier to use fastboot commands to achieve the same result

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1917237
30th July 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antwerpen

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixvaldez

okay i dont know how to do it on Mac, but it similar to PC. First, you got to be fimilar with terminal (similar to CMD for windows)
second, read this http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-t...c-one-0151178/

Third, download the rom
fourth, plug nexus into computer and then reboot in into custom recovery
fifth, i only know of TWRP to use sideload. http://teamw.in/ADBSideload

pretty much you can push a rom from your computer into the the device when stuff like this happends.

PS might be other easy ways but i dont know much. I have learned from trial and error. I have also deleted the OS many times.

Your 3rd link doesn't exist?
Already thanks for the help..
1st August 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miisham9

Hi people,

Thx

Misha

boot into bootloader, put tab in fastboot mode. connect tab to mac. open terminal in mac and type fastboot command to load custom recovery image. in bootloader chose recovery and restart.u will boot into custom recovery. now install a custom rom..

EDIT: u should have sdk platform-tools for mac installed and also knowledge of mac fastboot commands
2nd August 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antwerpen

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonblade

boot into bootloader, put tab in fastboot mode. Connect tab to mac. Open terminal in mac and type fastboot command to load custom recovery image. In bootloader chose recovery and restart.u will boot into custom recovery. Now install a custom rom..

Edit: U should have sdk platform-tools for mac installed and also knowledge of mac fastboot commands

thanks this helped!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread