OTG Hub with Simultaneous Power to Nexus 7

Search This thread

Deeco7

Jul 12, 2010
Hello,

As explained in title, I am looking for a 3-4 usb hub that supports otg and can charge the Nexus 7 at the same time at full voltage, without drain.

Any ideas? thanks

rhipone

May 7, 2008
hi there, im crazy with this
i got a nexu 7 2013 wifi, as like you I use CM 13 with elementalx installed and otg and charge enable.
i use a Y cable, a hub cable too and any works.
if someone can explain or tell me why.....i need it for my car

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
hi there, im crazy with this
i got a nexu 7 2013 wifi, as like you I use CM 13 with elementalx installed and otg and charge enable.
i use a Y cable, a hub cable too and any works.
if someone can explain or tell me why.....i need it for my car

Otg splitter and hub is so you can power your tablet and any devices that are connected to the hub .. Ex. Joycon , video grabber , dac ...ect

Timurs kernel is the most reliable but you have to donate to get it ... Elemental is free but sometimes has issues with otg/charge bugs upon wake

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
You need the ability to enable Fast Charging for the kernel.
Simple USB-OTG won't get you full charge speed.
I know Timur's kernel for 2012 model has a Fast Charge option that is probably also available on the 2013.

And ElementalX kernel *might* be getting that option soon too, if not already.

Last edited:

rhipone

May 7, 2008
Otg splitter and hub is so you can power your tablet and any devices that are connected to the hub .. Ex. Joycon , video grabber , dac ...ect

Timurs kernel is the most reliable but you have to donate to get it ... Elemental is free but sometimes has issues with otg/charge bugs upon wake

i got a micro usb with female USB, i connect a male USB to USB male from the female of the micro usb to the hub, and the USB of the hub to de car charger, and tablet wont charge.
so...
nexus 7-micro usb male to usb female-usb male to usb male- hub-usb hub to power supply
in the hub i got one pendrive

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
i got a micro usb with female USB, i connect a male USB to USB male from the female of the micro usb to the hub, and the USB of the hub to de car charger, and tablet wont charge.
so...
nexus 7-micro usb male to usb female-usb male to usb male- hub-usb hub to power supply
in the hub i got one pendrive

You need to install a kernel for otg and charging ....

Two options

Elemental kernel ....slightly buggy loses charge on boot

Timurs kernel ...works flawless ... But you have to donate ...

rhipone

May 7, 2008
You need to install a kernel for otg and charging ....

Two options

Elemental kernel ....slightly buggy loses charge on boot

Timurs kernel ...works flawless ... But you have to donate ...
i got elemental X, with Y cable and wireless charge, doesnt work, if I plug something on USB port, the tablet stop charging, I use CM firmware so I suppouse to install elementalX CM kernel, right?

deadgiveaway

Apr 17, 2014
Not sure what roms are compatible with elemental x.... I use stock android with timurs ...xposed can do everything i need as far as custom ...