[Q] otg SD card no recognition

Search This thread

jay.fertig

Aug 29, 2014
I recently got around to unlocking and rooting my nexus v2 and every time I plug in the otg cable with SD card it will not pick it up but yet when I plug in my 2tb passport it picks it up but it will not let me play off it any suggestions

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
I recently got around to unlocking and rooting my nexus v2 and every time I plug in the otg cable with SD card it will not pick it up but yet when I plug in my 2tb passport it picks it up but it will not let me play off it any suggestions

You're using an SD card reader, I gather? I've tried two (with multiple cables) but never had luck with SD cards, only flash drives.

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
A flash drive is less convenient than the SD card you already have, but it doesn't need an adapter for the USB OTG cable.

ritchea

Maybe this will help--or not. I have been able to access an SD card via OTG connector and card reader. It's been a fickle set-up. This is what seems to work for me.
Rooted stock 4.4.4 + Stickmount Pro (haven't tried it without but will in a bit). ATM, I'm on 3.4.0 ElementalX but usually run Franco so I don't think kernel has any effect. Connect all hardware--card in reader, reader and OTG cable, OTG to N7. Reboot the N7. When it reboots, Stickmount shows that the sd card has been mounted. From ESFile Explorer, I can go to storage and see the card plus access it's content. I can unmount and remount the card, but if I unmount the device and remove the OTG and/or card, I have to reboot before it can be remounted. You can see in the pic which reader and which card I'm using. If it works without Stickmount, I'll report so. Otherwise, assume Stickmount is required.

Attachments

• IMG_20140901_102901.jpg
    IMG_20140901_102901.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140901_102512.jpg
    IMG_20140901_102512.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 19