[Q] Recovered my Nexus 7 to 4.4.4 but can't find any recovery mode

Search This thread

ammy_91

Apr 3, 2012
Guys I am facing this weird issue. Earlier I had TWRP installed on my nexus 7 with android 4.4.2 but since I was unable to install any OTA updates for 4.4.4 I figured maybe it was an issue with the TWRP so I wanted to get rid of it. I used One Click Factory Restore 4.4.4 KTU84P tool in the dev forums and it kinda did restore my tab to a stock version. The issue is now when I try to boot into recovery mode, it shows an error logo and seemingly there is no recovery installed. How do I go to stock recovery from here? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

mdamaged

Oct 16, 2013
South of Heaven
Moto G5 Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Guys I am facing this weird issue. Earlier I had TWRP installed on my nexus 7 with android 4.4.2 but since I was unable to install any OTA updates for 4.4.4 I figured maybe it was an issue with the TWRP so I wanted to get rid of it. I used One Click Factory Restore 4.4.4 KTU84P tool in the dev forums and it kinda did restore my tab to a stock version. The issue is now when I try to boot into recovery mode, it shows an error logo and seemingly there is no recovery installed. How do I go to stock recovery from here? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

If you mean by error logo, you see an image of an android on its back, that is recovery, stock recovery. You can still use the OTA with TWRP, so you pretty much wasted your time removing it, the only difference is with TWRP you have to flash the OTA manually (the OTA zip is located in /cache).

So reinstall the latest TWRP, and reroot, and have fun with 4.4.4.

If you want your device to be even more useful and future upgrades to be easier, instead of leaving normal TWRP on it, after rooting, install MultiROM along with its modified TWRP, and make your device even better.