Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Restore Stock Recovery

OP udk450

24th July 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So, I need to send my Nexus 7 back in for factory inspection/repairs, since it decides to reboot multiple times a day on its own. I had my N7 running CM w/ TWRP. I've flashed my device back to stock and everything, however it fails to boot up to the stock recovery. In it's stead I just get an Android man lying on his side open with a red exclamation in a triangle. I can't link the image directly, but http //i stack imgur com/kcSE4 jpg. Periods where there are spaces, except for right after the http, there is the usual colon.

I've tried running Restore Stock Recovery thru the Nexus Root Toolkit. I've tried manually flashing the recovery.img with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img while in the bootloader. I'm not sure what else to try. Is there anyone that could help me?
24th July 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
I get the recovery thing too and I've never installed a custom ROM or recovery (although I did flash twrp once but I did not install it) its not really a big deal for me be cause if I ever need a recovery I can flash one from my computer But I would like to know why this happens anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugzylol

I get the recovery thing too and I've never installed a custom ROM or recovery (although I did flash twrp once but I did not install it) its not really a big deal for me be cause if I ever need a recovery I can flash one from my computer But I would like to know why this happens anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm just primarily afraid that my warranty would be voided if they discovered that the recovery was missing. I can flash
TWRP back just fine, but not stock.

EDIT: Never mind. I apologize for my ignorance. I found out that you go to the recovery menu from that screen by holding the Power button and then pressing the Vol Up button. No more assistance shall be needed.
Last edited by udk450; 24th July 2014 at 08:08 PM.
25th July 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
Yoou are saying that after flashing stock recovery you see a android with open stomach and exclamination mark
But android with open stomach and exclamination mark showing in recovery means it is stock recovery of nexus 7
I have a nexus 7
When it was not rooted i tried to boot to recovery i got the same
After rooting i get twrp in recovery

Sent from my Nexus 7
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread