Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen replacement

Tip us?

sam_1421
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tablet [Q] Screen replacement

I recently dropped my Nexus 7 and the screen cracked. The touch is also almost unusable (all glitchy).

I have the tools needed to replace the screen, and I have done it on a few smartphones in the past. My question is : what is the difference on eBay between 90$ screens from the US vs 39$ screens from Hong Kong? Is it the same screen, but just cheaper in HK because it's from the supplier directly (or almost)?

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 906

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_1421 View Post
I recently dropped my Nexus 7 and the screen cracked. The touch is also almost unusable (all glitchy).

I have the tools needed to replace the screen, and I have done it on a few smartphones in the past. My question is : what is the difference on eBay between 90$ screens from the US vs 39$ screens from Hong Kong? Is it the same screen, but just cheaper in HK because it's from the supplier directly (or almost)?
Hard to say, generally you get what you pay for, I have read about people who paid for ones from cheaper venues and they turn out to be either for the older N7, or are just right out fake, at least with ebay you have some protection. YMMV.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 99
The cheap ones from oversea at least for the cell phones I have bought are super thin and break really easy. As mdamaged said u get what you pay for def applies to replacement digitizers!

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 82
This is what you want, period. I've been replacing phone, tablet, laptop screens for 4 years as a full time job.

https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com...at=2222&page=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]