No registration required

[Q] Screen replacement

OP sam_1421

7th July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
More
I recently dropped my Nexus 7 and the screen cracked. The touch is also almost unusable (all glitchy).

I have the tools needed to replace the screen, and I have done it on a few smartphones in the past. My question is : what is the difference on eBay between 90$ screens from the US vs 39$ screens from Hong Kong? Is it the same screen, but just cheaper in HK because it's from the supplier directly (or almost)?
8th July 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,075

1,676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_1421

I recently dropped my Nexus 7 and the screen cracked. The touch is also almost unusable (all glitchy).

I have the tools needed to replace the screen, and I have done it on a few smartphones in the past. My question is : what is the difference on eBay between 90$ screens from the US vs 39$ screens from Hong Kong? Is it the same screen, but just cheaper in HK because it's from the supplier directly (or almost)?

Hard to say, generally you get what you pay for, I have read about people who paid for ones from cheaper venues and they turn out to be either for the older N7, or are just right out fake, at least with ebay you have some protection. YMMV.
9th July 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gold Canyon,Az
Thanks Meter: 105

260 posts
More
The cheap ones from oversea at least for the cell phones I have bought are super thin and break really easy. As mdamaged said u get what you pay for def applies to replacement digitizers!
10th July 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 83

614 posts
This is what you want, period. I've been replacing phone, tablet, laptop screens for 4 years as a full time job.

https://www.wholesalegadgetparts.com...at=2222&page=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandogg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread