Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Setting to enable wireless charging?

Tip us?

HankStorm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question Setting to enable wireless charging?

Is there a setting I need to check to enable wireless charging on my Nexus 7 (2013)? I have 2 in my house and neither with charge with the Anker charger I bought. Whether in the case or out of it, it's not connecting. Not sure if I got a defective unit or if there is something I need to turn on on the device for it to work. Thanks!

skiman10
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStorm View Post
Is there a setting I need to check to enable wireless charging on my Nexus 7 (2013)? I have 2 in my house and neither with charge with the Anker charger I bought. Whether in the case or out of it, it's not connecting. Not sure if I got a defective unit or if there is something I need to turn on on the device for it to work. Thanks!
Nope there shouldn't be a setting you need to enable to get wireless charging. It should just work right out of the box. Try moving it around on the pad and see if you can get a charge. Might be a defective unit.

russell664
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,286

DONATE TO ME
No there isn't a setting, just place your N7 on the charger and your good to go. I use wireless charging on my N5 and N7 all the time.

EDIT: Make sure you put the wireless charger in the middle of the device for it to work.
Have A Bug with one Of my Roms? Look below on how to report them to me....

If you have a bug, report it with a logcat because, without one I can't do anything about it. No Logcat, Means No Fix. Do this below to get one...

Code:
adb shell dmesg ; adb logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main

Nexus 5/ Self Compiled PAC-ROM/ Chaos Kernel V11 Nightly

tjupille
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Make sure you put the wireless charger in the middle of the device for it to work.
Mine is a bit fussy about positioning on a Lugulake Qi charger. "x" marks the spot (the "x' in "Nexus" is where the receiver coil is located) and I have to slide it around a bit to get it properly centered. I don't use a case, but I suspect it charges more slowly with a case than without (greater separation).

Aside from those quibbles, wireless charging works just fine.