Setting to enable wireless charging?

OP HankStorm

20th August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
Is there a setting I need to check to enable wireless charging on my Nexus 7 (2013)? I have 2 in my house and neither with charge with the Anker charger I bought. Whether in the case or out of it, it's not connecting. Not sure if I got a defective unit or if there is something I need to turn on on the device for it to work. Thanks!
20th August 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

204 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankStorm

Is there a setting I need to check to enable wireless charging on my Nexus 7 (2013)? I have 2 in my house and neither with charge with the Anker charger I bought. Whether in the case or out of it, it's not connecting. Not sure if I got a defective unit or if there is something I need to turn on on the device for it to work. Thanks!

Nope there shouldn't be a setting you need to enable to get wireless charging. It should just work right out of the box. Try moving it around on the pad and see if you can get a charge. Might be a defective unit.
20th August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere you can't imagine...
Thanks Meter: 2,294

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
No there isn't a setting, just place your N7 on the charger and your good to go. I use wireless charging on my N5 and N7 all the time.

EDIT: Make sure you put the wireless charger in the middle of the device for it to work.
21st August 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

113 posts
Quote:

Make sure you put the wireless charger in the middle of the device for it to work.

Mine is a bit fussy about positioning on a Lugulake Qi charger. "x" marks the spot (the "x' in "Nexus" is where the receiver coil is located) and I have to slide it around a bit to get it properly centered. I don't use a case, but I suspect it charges more slowly with a case than without (greater separation).

Aside from those quibbles, wireless charging works just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread