Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

STUCK ON REBOOT [LOGCAT included]

Tip us?

Vember31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default STUCK ON REBOOT [LOGCAT included]

hi everyone

when i reboot my device by any means (from inside of android, recovery, even adb reboot-bootloader), the device never finishes the reboot. interestingly, when i have it plugged into windows by usb, when doing the reboot i hear the usb disconnect sound, then the usb connect sound, then it just stays black screen and is unresponsive. only fixed by holding power or power+down button.

some info:
bootloader v 4.02 // twrp 2.7.1.1 // liquidsmooth current nightly

however, this problem happens on stock rooted as well as all custom roms

i have included a logcat of the issue (never made one before but i think i did it right) if someone can please help me, i'm thinking i may need to return my model.

thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (363.4 KB, 6 views)

alresave
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vember31 View Post
hi everyone

when i reboot my device by any means (from inside of android, recovery, even adb reboot-bootloader), the device never finishes the reboot. interestingly, when i have it plugged into windows by usb, when doing the reboot i hear the usb disconnect sound, then the usb connect sound, then it just stays black screen and is unresponsive. only fixed by holding power or power+down button.

some info:
bootloader v 4.02 // twrp 2.7.1.1 // liquidsmooth current nightly

however, this problem happens on stock rooted as well as all custom roms

i have included a logcat of the issue (never made one before but i think i did it right) if someone can please help me, i'm thinking i may need to return my model.

thank you!
Have you tried flashing stock images using fastboot?

It seems like the system can't write to /data directory, maybe flashing everything again will fix that issue.

Vember31
Old
(Last edited by Vember31; 28th August 2014 at 11:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alresave View Post
Have you tried flashing stock images using fastboot?

It seems like the system can't write to /data directory, maybe flashing everything again will fix that issue.
I did flash the stock images (the latest 4.4.4) and unfortunately still had the same problem. i'll give it another shot today though to see what happens

EDIT: performed the fastboot flash with the factory images and had the same issue. tried philz recovery and wouldn't turn back on after selecting reboot. checked permissions on /data and /system and everything was RW. i tried remounting both as well to no avail. must be a hardware issue i feel like at this point

mugzylol
Old
(Last edited by mugzylol; 30th August 2014 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
*Try flashing through a different custom recovery.

* figure out how to use the flashall.bat script to flash a new recovery, bootloader, ROM and kernel.

*Try fastboot boot for the recovery as opposed to fastboot flash. (I'm not sure if this will do anything)

*try wugfresh toolkit soft brick unroot+flash stock

Ps: this is just a list of ideas. Flashing a working ROM should mount all of your directories.
Tags
frozen, logcat, reboot