STUCK ON REBOOT [LOGCAT included]

OP Vember31

28th August 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

56 posts
More
hi everyone

when i reboot my device by any means (from inside of android, recovery, even adb reboot-bootloader), the device never finishes the reboot. interestingly, when i have it plugged into windows by usb, when doing the reboot i hear the usb disconnect sound, then the usb connect sound, then it just stays black screen and is unresponsive. only fixed by holding power or power+down button.

some info:
bootloader v 4.02 // twrp 2.7.1.1 // liquidsmooth current nightly

however, this problem happens on stock rooted as well as all custom roms

i have included a logcat of the issue (never made one before but i think i did it right) if someone can please help me, i'm thinking i may need to return my model.

thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (363.4 KB, 7 views)
28th August 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 16

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vember31

hi everyone

when i reboot my device by any means (from inside of android, recovery, even adb reboot-bootloader), the device never finishes the reboot. interestingly, when i have it plugged into windows by usb, when doing the reboot i hear the usb disconnect sound, then the usb connect sound, then it just stays black screen and is unresponsive. only fixed by holding power or power+down button.

some info:
bootloader v 4.02 // twrp 2.7.1.1 // liquidsmooth current nightly

however, this problem happens on stock rooted as well as all custom roms

i have included a logcat of the issue (never made one before but i think i did it right) if someone can please help me, i'm thinking i may need to return my model.

thank you!

Have you tried flashing stock images using fastboot?

It seems like the system can't write to /data directory, maybe flashing everything again will fix that issue.
28th August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alresave

Have you tried flashing stock images using fastboot?

It seems like the system can't write to /data directory, maybe flashing everything again will fix that issue.

I did flash the stock images (the latest 4.4.4) and unfortunately still had the same problem. i'll give it another shot today though to see what happens

EDIT: performed the fastboot flash with the factory images and had the same issue. tried philz recovery and wouldn't turn back on after selecting reboot. checked permissions on /data and /system and everything was RW. i tried remounting both as well to no avail. must be a hardware issue i feel like at this point
Last edited by Vember31; 28th August 2014 at 11:48 PM.
30th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
*Try flashing through a different custom recovery.

* figure out how to use the flashall.bat script to flash a new recovery, bootloader, ROM and kernel.

*Try fastboot boot for the recovery as opposed to fastboot flash. (I'm not sure if this will do anything)

*try wugfresh toolkit soft brick unroot+flash stock

Ps: this is just a list of ideas. Flashing a working ROM should mount all of your directories.
Last edited by mugzylol; 30th August 2014 at 10:53 PM.
19th September 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugzylol

*Try flashing through a different custom recovery.

* figure out how to use the flashall.bat script to flash a new recovery, bootloader, ROM and kernel.

*Try fastboot boot for the recovery as opposed to fastboot flash. (I'm not sure if this will do anything)

*try wugfresh toolkit soft brick unroot+flash stock

Ps: this is just a list of ideas. Flashing a working ROM should mount all of your directories.

Thanks for the suggestions, though trying those methods unfortunately hadn't done it either. Eventually, the ability to reboot simply showed up just the other day. I'm not too sure why it did and wasn't working before, but I kind of think it needed about 1-2 days of being powered on while connected to a charger. Previously, I would charge it only every few days with the power off and unplug it to use it. That's the only difference I can spot for anyone else who runs into this problem. Keep it connected to the charger for a day or two with the power on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
frozen, logcat, reboot
Previous Thread Next Thread