Ask a question

No registration required

Question Are all nexus 7's defective?

OP masterx1234

18th September 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
So i decided to buy myself a second gen nexus 7 at staples a while back since they was selling them for 100 dollars brand new, so im a pretty advanced android user and i know my tech and i can usually figure this stuff out on my own, but anyways i got the tablet brought it home and powered it on, installed a couple of games, played some games for a couple of games and every so often the tablet will just completely randomly reboot out of nowhere, i have went back to staples to swap it out with another brand new tablet because i thought maybe i just had bought a defective unit .So i powered this one on expecting to have no crashes or reboots and i was seeting up and syncing my google account and it just completely randomly reboots again!. my tablet has the latest kitkat installed on it, disabled google currents, cleared the cache, the whole 9 yards, ive done extensive research on the internet and have no real proven solution, i have however come to the conclusion that it might have something to do with the GPS, because the crashing happens the most when using apps that take advantage of the GPS, such as runkeeper and google maps. i get an average of 3-4 random reboots a day. also i bought the tablet hoping to use it for navigation on my trip but it will not stay on for longer than 30 minutes when trying to use the GPS. So i ask you android users out there what can i do to fix these odd random reboots? is there any solution?

UPDATE: i installed cyanogenmod, still didnt help
19th September 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

41 posts
N140935938
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterx1234

UPDATE: i installed cyanogenmod, still didnt help

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your Nexus 7s. If you can return your device to stock I would be more than happy to assist you with our warranty process. Please feel free to email me at CL-Scott1@Asus.com. Be sure to place case number N140935938 in the subject line for reference. Please be sure to include your serial number as well.

Regards,
19th September 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@ASUS

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your Nexus 7s. If you can return your device to stock I would be more than happy to assist you with our warranty process. Please feel free to email me at CL-Scott1@Asus.com. Be sure to place case number N140935938 in the subject line for reference. Please be sure to include your serial number as well.

Regards,

My apologies but i have already returned the tablet to staples for a refund, thank you for trying to offer help though, i love your products asus and will continue to expect great things from your company, im currently using an asus VG248 monitor btw .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread