Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch Issues

Tip us?

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Default Touch Issues

I've had my nexus for a while now and as much as I enjoy using it there is a really big issue that keeps coming back. The touch sensitivity on my screen is terrible. It won't recognize half of my touches from time to time and its really frustrating. I have tried fixing it using the ts files and will work for a while then it will start with its issues again.

I also flashed almost every ROM I could think of trying to see if i t fixed the issue however it did not. I always flashed the unlock for the ts after so it would not stick in the new Roms hoping that it would get better. I have also done a full factory reset and wipe without any luck. Currently I'm running Android L lpv81( the second release) and I'm not ropted. I was using 4.4.4 with twrp earlier but it doesn't matter as long as I can get this touch issue fixed.

I looked around the forum for a while and used every fix I could find but none lasted long enough for me to enjoy it. I would really appreciate any help with this, I'm not afraid to mess around with some things to fix this issue.

lmacmil
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My stock one year old Nexus will also occasionally not respond to my touch. Not enough to be really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
My stock one year old Nexus will also occasionally not respond to my touch. Not enough to be really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
It happens more often than not, in fact its enough to make typing hard and or frustrating at times. I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, but unless there's a fix I'll just had the nexus 8 when our comes out.

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)

Bonerock
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
It happens more often than not, in fact its enough to make typing hard and or frustrating at times. I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, but unless there's a fix I'll just had the nexus 8 when our comes out.
Some people just can't afford to pay for every new device out there and have to deal with a malfunctioning device or try to fix it.

We're so lucky we have a community behind us that solves our problems.
Here you are:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428133

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Quote:
I've had my nexus for a while now and as much as I enjoy using it there is a really big issue that keeps coming back. The touch sensitivity on my screen is terrible. It won't recognize half of my touches from time to time and its really frustrating. I have tried fixing it using the ts files and will work for a while then it will start with its issues again.

I also flashed almost every ROM I could think of trying to see if i t fixed the issue however it did not. I always flashed the unlock for the ts after so it would not stick in the new Roms hoping that it would get better. I have also done a full factory reset and wipe without any luck. Currently I'm running Android L lpv81( the second release) and I'm not ropted. I was using 4.4.4 with twrp earlier but it doesn't matter as long as I can get this touch issue fixed.

I looked around the forum for a while and used every fix I could find but none lasted long enough for me to enjoy it. I would really appreciate any help with this, I'm not afraid to mess around with some things to fix this issue.
It's a hardware problem. RMA if possible.

If not possible, try the TS drivers that the above post likely links.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
It's a hardware problem. RMA if possible.

If not possible, try the TS drivers that the above post likely links.
I might have to RMA it, I've already tried all of the ts drivers. Do I send it to Asus?

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Quote:
I might have to RMA it, I've already tried all of the ts drivers. Do I send it to Asus?
I sent mine to Google.

Pilz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
I sent mine to Google.
Is there a link to where I get the info the the RMA process? I tried googling it, but it wasn't very helpful.

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Quote:
Is there a link to where I get the info the the RMA process? I tried googling it, but it wasn't very helpful.
It's been a while since I did it, but I think you start here: https://support.google.com/googlepla...626603,4626497