Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch Issues

Tip us?
 
Pilz
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 825
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Default Touch Issues

I've had my nexus for a while now and as much as I enjoy using it there is a really big issue that keeps coming back. The touch sensitivity on my screen is terrible. It won't recognize half of my touches from time to time and its really frustrating. I have tried fixing it using the ts files and will work for a while then it will start with its issues again.

I also flashed almost every ROM I could think of trying to see if i t fixed the issue however it did not. I always flashed the unlock for the ts after so it would not stick in the new Roms hoping that it would get better. I have also done a full factory reset and wipe without any luck. Currently I'm running Android L lpv81( the second release) and I'm not ropted. I was using 4.4.4 with twrp earlier but it doesn't matter as long as I can get this touch issue fixed.

I looked around the forum for a while and used every fix I could find but none lasted long enough for me to enjoy it. I would really appreciate any help with this, I'm not afraid to mess around with some things to fix this issue.
 
lmacmil
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
My stock one year old Nexus will also occasionally not respond to my touch. Not enough to be really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Pilz
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 825
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
My stock one year old Nexus will also occasionally not respond to my touch. Not enough to be really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
It happens more often than not, in fact its enough to make typing hard and or frustrating at times. I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, but unless there's a fix I'll just had the nexus 8 when our comes out.

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
Bonerock
Old
#4  
Bonerock's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montevideo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
It happens more often than not, in fact its enough to make typing hard and or frustrating at times. I have a feeling that it's a hardware issue, but unless there's a fix I'll just had the nexus 8 when our comes out.
Some people just can't afford to pay for every new device out there and have to deal with a malfunctioning device or try to fix it.

We're so lucky we have a community behind us that solves our problems.
Here you are:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428133
 
Aerowinder
Old
#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Posts: 3,104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
I've had my nexus for a while now and as much as I enjoy using it there is a really big issue that keeps coming back. The touch sensitivity on my screen is terrible. It won't recognize half of my touches from time to time and its really frustrating. I have tried fixing it using the ts files and will work for a while then it will start with its issues again.

I also flashed almost every ROM I could think of trying to see if i t fixed the issue however it did not. I always flashed the unlock for the ts after so it would not stick in the new Roms hoping that it would get better. I have also done a full factory reset and wipe without any luck. Currently I'm running Android L lpv81( the second release) and I'm not ropted. I was using 4.4.4 with twrp earlier but it doesn't matter as long as I can get this touch issue fixed.

I looked around the forum for a while and used every fix I could find but none lasted long enough for me to enjoy it. I would really appreciate any help with this, I'm not afraid to mess around with some things to fix this issue.
It's a hardware problem. RMA if possible.

If not possible, try the TS drivers that the above post likely links.
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
 
Pilz
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 825
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
It's a hardware problem. RMA if possible.

If not possible, try the TS drivers that the above post likely links.
I might have to RMA it, I've already tried all of the ts drivers. Do I send it to Asus?

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
Aerowinder
Old
#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Posts: 3,104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
I might have to RMA it, I've already tried all of the ts drivers. Do I send it to Asus?
I sent mine to Google.
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror
 
Pilz
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 825
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Central Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
I sent mine to Google.
Is there a link to where I get the info the the RMA process? I tried googling it, but it wasn't very helpful.

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3
LG G-Pad 8.3
LG G3 F400S

Lg G3 D850
LG G3 F460S
Nexus 7 (2013)
 
Aerowinder
Old
#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,229
Posts: 3,104
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
Is there a link to where I get the info the the RMA process? I tried googling it, but it wasn't very helpful.
It's been a while since I did it, but I think you start here: https://support.google.com/googlepla...626603,4626497
 

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more