Touchscreen unresponsive after factory reset or OTA Updates

Search This thread

asuchemist

Sep 21, 2016
The touchscreen becomes unresponsive after factory resetting and/or OTA updates.

What I have tried:
-Swapped daughter board into another working N7 and touchscreen working fine on that unit until I factory reset or OTA update
-Swapped daughter board from a device with no known issues and device with issues touchscreen works fine even through factory reset or OTA udpate

So I pinpointed my problem to possibly a daughter board that loses calibration through a factory reset or OTA update. As long as I don't factory reset or OTA update the device has no touch issues.

On the device with issues I cleaned and checked for loose cables. But no matter what, the touchscreen issue comes back if I factory reset or put any OTA update. I can make the device work again by putting the daughter board in a device were touch is working as it should and then swapping that daughter board back into the device with issues.

My explanation might sound confusing but I am confused as to why this is happening and why my solution is working to fix unresponsive screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Touchscreen still working 100%.

Should I factory reset to see if it will work 100% after reset?