Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] nexus 7 and 5 notification dismissal

OP yanic123

13th July 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain
13th July 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #2  
z0phi3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waterbury
Thanks Meter: 131
 
427 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
There is a delay, not sure how long but sometimes it can take a few minutes for my N7 and G2 to sync notifications, never paid attention to desktop notifications

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
14th July 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0phi3l

There is a delay, not sure how long but sometimes it can take a few minutes for my N7 and G2 to sync notifications, never paid attention to desktop notifications

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They seem to remain indefinatly for me. I don't know what I've done wrong.
15th July 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,288
 
3,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Sometimes it works. Gmail usually doesn't for me though.
15th July 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Sometimes it works. Gmail usually doesn't for me though.


Is there a good official forum to post this inside? I fear this isn't really the right place to post this thread. Its more of a 4.4.4 post.

Iain
15th July 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanic123

Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain

It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.
15th July 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39

It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.

ah thanks, I see why some games don't but still find it strange that my gmail apps aren't.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes