Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nexus 7 and 5 notification dismissal

Tip us?

yanic123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] nexus 7 and 5 notification dismissal

Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain

z0phi3l
Old
Thanks Meter 127
There is a delay, not sure how long but sometimes it can take a few minutes for my N7 and G2 to sync notifications, never paid attention to desktop notifications

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Devices
MyTouch 3G, Nexus One, Galaxy Vibrant, Galaxy S3/Kindle Fire, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G2/Nexus 7

yanic123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
There is a delay, not sure how long but sometimes it can take a few minutes for my N7 and G2 to sync notifications, never paid attention to desktop notifications

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
They seem to remain indefinatly for me. I don't know what I've done wrong.

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231
Sometimes it works. Gmail usually doesn't for me though.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: jajb

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

yanic123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
Sometimes it works. Gmail usually doesn't for me though.

Is there a good official forum to post this inside? I fear this isn't really the right place to post this thread. Its more of a 4.4.4 post.

Iain

charesa39
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanic123 View Post
Hi, I just got my Nexus 7 last week and have an issue with dismissing notifications.

I thought at I/o a year back they said that if u dismiss a notification on one device it should dissappear on others on that Google account too?

Mine doesn't however, for games or gmail or hangouts or exchange. Is there a check box to allow this?

Both devices are running 4.4.

Iain
It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.

yanic123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by charesa39 View Post
It was unveiled at last year's I/O, but it was up to the developers to implement that feature into their apps. That being said, my Gmail and Hangouts notifications work as they should (disappearing off all my other devices once checked on one device). Pretty much almost all of Google's apps have this implemented. Sad to say, but it doesn't appear there were very many devs that took advantage of this. There are still a lot of apps that leave notifications even though I've checked them on another device.
ah thanks, I see why some games don't but still find it strange that my gmail apps aren't.