[ROM][4.4.4][F2FS/EXT4] AutoDroid 1.2

Search This thread

michiil

May 28, 2013
Salzburg
so i test your rom for 7 days on my Holiday Trip.

Pro:
-fast
-stable

cons:
-i lost in 24hours without Power 70% battery. Wakelockdetector recognize no Wakelock, 100% deep Sleep. Has anyone the same issue?

Keep your good work :D
Could you tell me on witch govenor the rom is defaulting?
Yes, and I still get a low charging current. Guess I'll play around a little more, thanks.
Thats wierd.. Does the charging work on ther roms? Maby its the hardware. Try a different usb cable/chaeger. Measurthe max output of the charger with an amere meter if you have one :)

Reactions: DOCIOHN

sidy93

Dec 19, 2010
Augsburg
Usefull hint

I searched very long because i want to use my nexus 7 in the car

Tasker: screen off - shell command 'reboot -p' as root
Screen timeout 15seconds
Developer settings: screen always on if power connected

Bootloader:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39633079&postcount=9
If ac connects (car starts and give AC) power on fully
Do not start in loading mode
Works with old (this) nexus 7

Give usb ac with an 3A lighter loader working with gps 'skobbler' and spotify
But i have flight mode on (spotify an skobbler are offline)
With activated network the charge is going lower then the loading

michiil

May 28, 2013
Salzburg
Usefull hint

I searched very long because i want to use my nexus 7 in the car

Tasker: screen off - shell command 'reboot -p' as root
Screen timeout 15seconds
Developer settings: screen always on if power connected

Bootloader:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39633079&postcount=9
If ac connects (car starts and give AC) power on fully
Do not start in loading mode
Works with old (this) nexus 7

Give usb ac with an 3A lighter loader working with gps 'skobbler' and spotify
But i have flight mode on (spotify an skobbler are offline)
With activated network the charge is going lower then the loading
Why do you turn off the nexus? Activate the usb power event manager in the setting. With the fixed installation mod you wont loose much more battery thay 2% a day :)
Also in the same settings you will find fastchage in hostmode and with that you will charge more than you use :)

ryar

Mar 4, 2009
Thats wierd.. Does the charging work on ther roms? Maby its the hardware. Try a different usb cable/chaeger. Measurthe max output of the charger with an amere meter if you have one :)

Got it, too bad it took a few hours! I tried several chargers and cables and could get 10-12 watts while using the dock but never more then 5 watts via usb. I replaced the usb plug/audio jack and battery with my spare part N7. No luck. Flashed PA 3.99 RC1 (the last ROM I used with fast charge working). Still no luck. Also tried: Flashed Franco kernel, did a static reset (disconnect battery and hold power on for 35 seconds). WTH, now getting 10 watts via usb! I'm not sure if it is the kernel, the reset, or the new parts that did the trick but I am going to leave it as is since it is working. Thanks again.

Edit: I am now using the kernel that came with the rom and still fast-charging at 10 watts. The kernel was not the issue.

Last edited:

sidy93

Dec 19, 2010
Augsburg
Why do you turn off the nexus? Activate the usb power event manager in the setting. With the fixed installation mod you wont loose much more battery thay 2% a day :)
Also in the same settings you will find fastchage in hostmode and with that you will charge more than you use :)

Because the car is not every day in use and i want to have some reserve battery if i take ot out

Next hint i find out

Tape the 2 middle connectors of the usb cable
Then the tablet will say 'AC'
Before i do this the tablet load on the car charger only with 'USB' because the tablet think it was only a pc connection.
The 2 middle connectors are for data and if there is a little start signal or something like a GROUND connection the tablet regocnize it as data an load only with 500mah

ryar

Mar 4, 2009
A question regarding power event manager; when I hit the off button in notifications the countdown starts and it goes into sleep mode with airplane mode activated, however this happens wether it is on external power or not. When disconnected from extrenal power and the screen is allowed to time out and shut off it does not activate airplane mode. Basically, if I have to his the off icon in the notifications to enable so what is the point of this app? Auto airplane mode puts the unit into airplane mode whenever the screen is turned off and if it is set to stay on while on external power isn't this more functional than power event manager? Perhaps it isn't functioning properly on my unit? I would have thought that when it is disconnected from external power the countdown would start automatically and put it in sleep mode with airplane enabled. Any thoughts?

michiil

May 28, 2013
Salzburg
A question regarding power event manager; when I hit the off button in notifications the countdown starts and it goes into sleep mode with airplane mode activated, however this happens wether it is on external power or not. When disconnected from extrenal power and the screen is allowed to time out and shut off it does not activate airplane mode. Basically, if I have to his the off icon in the notifications to enable so what is the point of this app? Auto airplane mode puts the unit into airplane mode whenever the screen is turned off and if it is set to stay on while on external power isn't this more functional than power event manager? Perhaps it isn't functioning properly on my unit? I would have thought that when it is disconnected from external power the countdown would start automatically and put it in sleep mode with airplane enabled. Any thoughts?
Power event manager is designed for the use in usb host mode. So if you disconnect power in normal mode nothing will happen. If you disconnect power in host mode it will go to deep sleep.
You also need to activatr fixed installation mode for it to do so.
If you want it to go to sleep even wenn not on host mode just deactivate fixed installation mode and do if via tasker since pem has a tasker plugin :)

ryar

Mar 4, 2009
Power event manager is designed for the use in usb host mode. So if you disconnect power in normal mode nothing will happen. If you disconnect power in host mode it will go to deep sleep.
You also need to activatr fixed installation mode for it to do so.
If you want it to go to sleep even wenn not on host mode just deactivate fixed installation mode and do if via tasker since pem has a tasker plugin :)

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that usb host mode was required. It works perfectly with tasker as you pointed out.
Another question, which recovery are you using? TWRP 2.7.1.1 supports F2FS formating natively but it is not yet available for the Tilapia. There is a modded 2.7.0.0 TWRP available here, which I used.

Moon105

Jan 16, 2008
Hello,

i changed the govenor to Ondemand. Now my Tablet last 24 hours with a 50% battery lost. I dont know how to get 2% in 24h like you say.

Thanks

papinist

Dec 11, 2010
How do you implement media and volume button in the navbar?? I asked all over the net but everyone says that since google has removed Tablet UI (from version 4.3 and on), it is not possible anymore to have custom button in the navbar..!

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
Anybody here bypassed/removed the battery/setup an external standby battery and run the nexus 7 straight from some sort of power supply? Don't like the idea of a battery inside my car in high temperatures. Is hot climate were I am.

Sent from my TF600T using Tapatalk

unknownprotocols

Mar 12, 2012
Sherman
volume control & more

I'm currently researching for a build, and just to be safe, could someone clarify something for me?

The onscreen volume controls in Navigation bar on this rom will increase and decrease the volume coming out of the speakers in the following scenario:
Nexus 7---usb otg y cable---powered usb hub---uca202 DAC rca out to my high and low amps.

I ask the question this way because a car audio installer has assured me that the Nexus 7 will not be able to control the volume of the DAC in this setup, but the rom description and pictures imply pretty clearly to me that volume control of the dac is possible. He seems to think an equalizer will be required to achieve volume control. I can understand having an equalizer for splitting what would just be two channel audio into separate channels, including subwoofer out, is very advantageous, but I would rather put the eq somewhere out of site and not use it for volume control.

Another Question: Does Easycap functionality include the 4-channel models I'm seeing on amazon?

papinist

Dec 11, 2010
yes, the volume buttons control the nexus 7 volume.. in short they controls the volume of the audio coming out of your speakers connected to an amp connected to the UCA 202. This is my setup and it works great!

dvb2k

May 7, 2009
seems like ihave the same prob with this mod as with t1murs mod...

my eyetv micro usb stick & Bluetooth obd dognle wont work...
with the original nexus with factory mod they work!

when i install t1murs rom or carandroid they wont work....

the apps say "No device found".

i just install the mod, clean & wipe, install eyetv and start it..... do i need to do something more?!

Last edited:

Moon105

Jan 16, 2008
can anyone post a battery stats screenshot? Because my Battery dies after 2 days but the nexus 7 is in fully deepsleep.
I will see what battery life do you get.

thanks

SaraOB

Sep 4, 2014
Anybody here bypassed/removed the battery/setup an external standby battery and run the nexus 7 straight from some sort of power supply? Don't like the idea of a battery inside my car in high temperatures. Is hot climate were I am.

Sent from my TF600T using Tapatalk

I have. What specifically are you wanting to know/learn/glean? I have done two cars. I have tried with and without the internal battery. Both installs have external power supplies for the N7 power (bypassing the internal power supply/battery charger). One install the N7 is powered constantly from an external supply (i.e. "battery" is always at 100%), the other install is uses an external battery (remotely located in a 'cool place') AND an external "direct to the PCB" power supply.

ross3

Jul 21, 2014
1.2 не работает одновременно веб-камера и Easycap, хотя в каталоге dev/ принимать файлы video0 и video1. В чем может быть проблема ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vnftht.jpg

Grouper version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789993

Hey guys,
    AutoDroid is a ROM based on SlimKat witch i am building especially for People who use the Nexus 7 as a car stereo.

Features:
    • All SlimKat Features
    • Built in Kangaroo Kernel
    • Full USB-DAC Support (Hot Plug, on Boot, Volume Control)
    • @_crue_ 's Power Event Manager (Fixed Installation Mode, Fastcharge in Host mode, Powerdown Pictures and Videos (Demo: http://youtu.be/3KBYap-yYxc ) )
    • Easycap Support
    • Wake-Lock Blocker
    • Volume and Media Keys available to put in the Navbar
    • Support for all file systems (ALL-F2FS, DATA-F2FS, ALL-EXT4)
    • Opendelta OTA Updates
    • You tell me what you desire :)

Download:

V1.2 :
    http://d-h.st/8ck
    http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/49309451/file.html

Old Downloads:

How to get root:
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/faq/slimbean/441-how-do-i-enable-root

How to change to bigger dpi:
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/faq/slimbean/415-will-you-add-the-dpi-changer-in-settings-in-slimkat

Since you are now able to use a video on powerdown i want to make a list with videos you all find :)
    The video should be about 5 seconds long, and eather have a black background or the exact same resolution as the nexus 7 (1280 x 800).
    Supported formats can be found here: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

Powerdown videos:

How to convert to ALL-F2FS:
    WARNING: YOUR WHOLE TABLET IS GETTING ERASED IN THE PROGRESS!
    1. Make shure you have the leatest verion of TWRP installed and adb up and running.
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Go into Wipe/Advanced Wipe
    4. Select "System", click on "Repair or Change File System"
    5. Click on "Change File System"
    6. Select "F2FS"
    7. Swipe to Change
    8. Repeat Stepp 4-7 first for "Cache" and then for "Data" (data last)
    9. Go back to the main menu of the recovery and select "Reboot"/"Recovery"
    10. Connect the Tablet to your pc and open ADB.
    11. "adb push "/path/to/your/rom.zip" "/sdcard/" "
    12. "adb push "/path/to/your/gapps.zip" "/sdcard/" " (PA gapps are not working, use slim gapps)
    13. insatall rom + gapps as usual

If you are satisfied with this rom feel free to buy me a beer :)

All credit belongs to:
    @sgt. meow
    @NetFluke
    @redeyedjedi
    @jacknorris
    @timur
    The team from SlimRoms

Source:
    Slim:
    https://github.com/SlimRoms
    All the DAC related stuff:
    https://github.com/lostdeveloper
    Kernel:
    https://github.com/lostdeveloper/kangaroo/tree/kangaroo
    My GitHub:
    https://github.com/michiil/
    V1.2: latest slim sources, updated powereventmanager app (no app icon in launcher), included timur's apollo (with mods to resume on audio focus return) instead of music :) , opendelta included for easy ota updates, excluded slim center (we don need it and the ota notifications are missleading), @redeyedjedi fixed bluetooth tethering :) , new name :) , changed nova launcher to omni's custom launcher3 because it has some awesome features (custom hotword) and is fully open source

20140731: latest slim and kangaroo sources, fixed landscape bootanimation, added NTFS support

20140729: latest slim and kangaroo sources, easycap support, default govenor is now ondemand (should fix all getting stuck on sleep issues), @_crue_ powereventmanager is now updated, built in and added to the settings, nicer media icons in the navbar
    new build uploading right now :)
    changelog in second post.
    Nice, i m using usbrom by timur, But not excluded a day i ll change. Are there some video or photoes?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Why would you want videos or photos? It looks like android its not themed :)
    Hi All
    I have found one problem on my Nexus 7 2012 WiFi tablet. I have installed last Autodroid ROM but have problems on functionality of PowerEventManager.
    When i try to switch on Fixed install mode and Fast charge in host mode to charge the tablet with OTG Y cable, after I exit options and open settings again the options are swithed off again.
    In the logs of SuperSu i found that PowerEventManager cannot create a file below Sys/kernel/usbhost. Message is: " echo 1 > /sys/kernel/usbhost/usbhost_fixed_install_mode RED: tmp-mksh: <stdin>[1]: can't create /sys/kernel/usbhost/usbhost_fixed_install_mode: No such file or directory" . And this massage always when I want to switch options in settings EPM.

I tryed manualy create directory below sys/kernel/ but always with no result . Always same massage "no such file or directory.\
    Also tryed to switch on RWX permissions under kernel directory, and permissions are for full acces of this directory
    Nexus is rooted, chcecked by "Root checker Basic"

Can You help me, what i can do more? Without this problem solve i cant install tablet in Car

Thanks in advance
    Best Regards
    Waldek

Solved - Reinstalling Kernel helped