Thanks Meter: 23

More
this is great fast rom with amazing battery life, working well on my device

10th July 2015, 05:31 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buratei

Hey guys, I am volunteering to be the guniea pig to try out a $12 ribbon cable from ebay on my Nexus 7 (sorry not enough post counts to include an outside link)

My nexus 7 got lose at the connector from jamming the tablet against the bezel too much so I need one of these anyway. Previously, these things used to go $40+ (hell, I missed out on a deal a couple of month ago for a refurb unit for double that price) and thus a hard sell. At $12, not a huge loss even if it turns out to be a POS. Let's see if it solves all the charging issues. I will let you know how it goes when it arrives and I get a chance to install it.

In case I haven't told you earlier, this does work. Now I can leave gps/bt on and still charge. Still not a strong 1000+mv charge rate but gets the job done. Surely there is a good bit of parasitic loss for whatever reason.

The thing that bugs me somewhat now is sometimes the tablet fails to wake from deep sleep even with power injected. The only way to bring it back alive is to long hold the physical power button; strangely, the tablet would start in sleep mode when doing a cold boot like this. Happens maybe like once every 20-30 engine on/offs?

Also, torque has a built-in option for autostart and deep sleep, which unfortunately doesn't seem to play nice with autodroid power manager. Failing to curb power drain in sleep while leaving torque running in the background, I stopped using torque for some time (not that I was in constant need of it anyway).
The Following User Says Thank You to Buratei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2015, 09:34 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldar4uk

this is great fast rom with amazing battery life, working well on my device

hi, how you managed to install the rom,pls help
17th July 2015, 10:04 PM |#144  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by poxin

Unfortunately I had to move back to Timur's USB Rom due to some issues with this one that were popping up. I don't think the hardware is really well enough to keep up with the version of Cyanogen this rom uses. Bummer really, as I liked it.

Hi, i need this Timur's Rom,can you help me,i can not find in internet to download,thanks
30th July 2015, 03:20 PM |#145  

More
I used USBROM last time I did a dash-mounted mod, but I see that ROM isn't maintained anymore. I found this mentioned as the up-to-date alternative but it appears to have not gotten any updates in over a year? Can anyone confirm that this ROM is still alive worth using?

#edit: Does this work on the 2013 model? Reddit seems to indicate that it does not...
Last edited by HeroesDieYoung; 30th July 2015 at 03:25 PM.
30th July 2015, 03:45 PM |#146  
Flag Gallarate
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eu35

Hi, i need this Timur's Rom,can you help me,i can not find in internet to download,thanks

found this in internet, not my work: http://store.axihub.ca/images/extra/...OM-grouper.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesDieYoung

I used USBROM last time I did a dash-mounted mod, but I see that ROM isn't maintained anymore. I found this mentioned as the up-to-date alternative but it appears to have not gotten any updates in over a year? Can anyone confirm that this ROM is still alive worth using?

#edit: Does this work on the 2013 model? Reddit seems to indicate that it does not...

from what i know, this and timur's rom (before) were the only car roms....this also because it isn't really necessary to have the latest version in car...

probably it doesn't work, anyway search in the nexus 7 2013 thread to get answers
26th August 2015, 08:20 PM |#147  
Flag Cracow

More
I have problem with this ROM. I installed rom and my Nexus 7 dont see any pendrive. Charging by Y otg cable didnt work too. I try install UsbRom Timur's Kernel and usb host wont work too. Only work charging by otg Y cable. What I need to do have work usbhost and charging by Y otg cable? Later I want add DAC and Joycan.

I installed autodroid like this
Install AutoDroid
Make sure bootload is unlocked and tablet is rooted
Boot into bootloader
Enter recovery mode
If want to just install AutoDroid with ext4 filesystem
=== Format partition with ext4 ===
From TWRP, select "Wipe", then check the following partition to wipe:
dalvik cache
system <---- important, otherwise AutoDroid won't install properly
cache
data

and swipe to confirm wipe.

Wipe the "dalvik cache" partition with ext4.
Download AutoDroid 1.2 from it's original thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789993
Make sure to download the "grouper" version for the 2012 wifi only model.
Download Gapps from http://slimroms.net/ since AutoDroid is based on SlimKat.
Copy AutoDroid and Gapps to tablet's /sdcard directory
# adb push AutoDroid-grouper-4.4.4.build.1.2.zip /sdcard
# adb push Slim_normal_gapps.4.4.4.build.8.x-282.zip /sdcard
From TWRP, install both zip file by navigate to the file and swipe to install.
After both zip are installed, reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread