Sorry but i don t understand your question

12th January 2016, 05:49 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolocorpo

Sorry but i don t understand your question

No Opel logo boot animation in this ROM? And
How do I install these two softkey to another device?
23rd January 2016, 05:31 AM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I need some help installing this rom, somehow I never able to get this thing boot sucessfully. I'm coming from CM12.1 official, with system ext4 partition, data and cache f2fs partition, with TWRP 2.8.7.0 this is working fine so far but I want to try autodroid out.

I tried clean flash, formatting system, data, and cache with system f2fs, or ext4 somehow the tablet only got blank image after google logo. Do I need to flash to stock image 4.4.4 before flashing this rom?

EDIT: ok now all EXT4 works fine, if any partition contain F2FS (either the cache or data) the tablet wont boot.
Last edited by tesna; 23rd January 2016 at 07:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tesna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tesna Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 03:25 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any volume control
Hi
First of all, let me thank the author of this great mod - I didn't test it fully yet, but it's so promising.
And a question to All. Did anybody saw a kind of Hardware volume knob, either bluetooth or USB to control the volume on the Autodroid (well, any *droid)? Or, better, a remote pad to control main features, like volume, FF, Prev, Pause, Mute, etc...
Would be grateful for any useful comment. Cheers!
3rd February 2016, 10:46 PM |#175  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag16

Hi
First of all, let me thank the author of this great mod - I didn't test it fully yet, but it's so promising.
And a question to All. Did anybody saw a kind of Hardware volume knob, either bluetooth or USB to control the volume on the Autodroid (well, any *droid)? Or, better, a remote pad to control main features, like volume, FF, Prev, Pause, Mute, etc...
Would be grateful for any useful comment. Cheers!

How DYI are you. The most comprehensive way to control the N7 is with Arduino (or equivalent e.g. Odroid-CI). If you have steering wheel controls, then the JoyCon is the best interface. If however you want a super simple controller that works as shipped try:
Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button)
Fintie Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Remote
Satechi BT MediaRemote
5th February 2016, 10:06 AM |#176  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraOB

How DYI are you. The most comprehensive way to control the N7 is with Arduino (or equivalent e.g. Odroid-CI). If you have steering wheel controls, then the JoyCon is the best interface. If however you want a super simple controller that works as shipped try:
Satechi Bluetooth Button Series (Media Button)
Fintie Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Remote
Satechi BT MediaRemote

Thanksalot, SaraOB!
I'm not very strong in real-life DIY. I know Arduino just from forums and it is still foggy.
But I'm thinking of an intelligent power source Arduino or Attiny based. This is in the future.
For now seeking a well-looking gadget. Satechi is a very nice gadget, although it's a bad idea to put anything on the wheel. I did think of it, but it is a lil bit expensive. The Fintie remote I've already bought these days, so it's a good choice, isn't it?
Well, actually I was seeking for a volume knob like Griffin NA16029 PowerMate USB Multimedia Controller Control Knob (no URLs for me yet). But, there is no certainty that it will work with android. Again, I was looking for smth cheaper.
Last edited by mag16; 5th February 2016 at 10:10 AM.
10th February 2016, 02:09 PM |#177  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag16

Thanksalot, SaraOB!
I'm not very strong in real-life DIY. I know Arduino just from forums and it is still foggy.
But I'm thinking of an intelligent power source Arduino or Attiny based. This is in the future.
For now seeking a well-looking gadget. Satechi is a very nice gadget, although it's a bad idea to put anything on the wheel. I did think of it, but it is a lil bit expensive. The Fintie remote I've already bought these days, so it's a good choice, isn't it?
Well, actually I was seeking for a volume knob like Griffin NA16029 PowerMate USB Multimedia Controller Control Knob (no URLs for me yet). But, there is no certainty that it will work with android. Again, I was looking for smth cheaper.

The manufacturer AND users say that the: Fusion Control USB Powered and Controlled Rotary Volume Knob works well with android (as a physical volume control). The Fusion Control is not cheap (but less than the Griffin), and it should work.

Is there a reason you don't use a volume control on the amplifier itself?

Also, hacking into the physical controls on the N7 is not too hard. You could wire into the volume up/down buttons and connect a rotary encoder switch for real cheap.
14th February 2016, 08:51 AM |#178  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 75

More
When i use. F2fs i get stuck on slimkat boot. Screen
19th February 2016, 05:35 PM |#179  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Finally I got Autodroid 1.2 working on my Nexus 7 tilapia. Here are my installation steps:

1.) Install TWRP from Website (https://twrp.me/devices/asusnexus720123g.html)
2.) Unfortunately with F2FS any ROM won't boot on my device (google screen does not disappear) so I formatted every partition to EXT4 via TWRP
3.) Install SlimKat 4.4.4 from Website (http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...-official-8280)
4.) Install Gapps from Website (http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...ild-9-20150107)
5.) Install Autodroid (take care of the right version: tilapia = 3G version, grouper = W-LAN version!)
6.) Wipe Dalvik Cache

After those steps Autodroid booted on my device, but OTG and PowerEvent Manager were not working. Here is my solution for that:

1.) Enable Root Access for Apps and give PowerEvent Manager permissions
2.) Reinstall Kang-aroo1.2 kernel from this Thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558717
3.) Check Wake Locks after every new App install, to avoid battery draining

After those steps OTG and fast charge worked like a charm for me. In my car I use a DVBT-Stick (RTL2832U Chip) with for listening to DAB+ in Germany (I had to replace my old radio antenna, because the original antenna amp in the socket filtered out the dab+ frequencies) with Wavesink Plus APP https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sinkplus&hl=de (expensive but its worth it).

Very nice ROM, no comparison to Timurs old USB Rom. Thanks a lot for that, I will test it more intensive on my way back home to Hamburg on sunday
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1782486_740631789335593_620910262356357498_o.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	3652410  
Last edited by Schwimmbuxx; 19th February 2016 at 05:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Schwimmbuxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schwimmbuxx Ad-Free
21st February 2016, 12:08 PM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
You should be aware that this ROM hasn't seen any security updates since 2014, so really HUGE security issues like Stagefright are completely unfixed.
So playing a simple Mp3 or MP4 file will be enough for a hacker to take over your device.
Use at your own risk - but please don't put any important data on your phone (no google account logins for accounts you have personal data in, no music service subscriptions, certainly no email or other messaging accounts).
If you just use it offline for e.g. OSM-based navigation and music synced via Cable from your desktop, you should be in the clear.
26th February 2016, 01:18 PM |#181  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraOB

The manufacturer AND users say that the: Fusion Control USB Powered and Controlled Rotary Volume Knob works well with android (as a physical volume control). The Fusion Control is not cheap (but less than the Griffin), and it should work.

Is there a reason you don't use a volume control on the amplifier itself?

Also, hacking into the physical controls on the N7 is not too hard. You could wire into the volume up/down buttons and connect a rotary encoder switch for real cheap.

Thanks again.
(As a newbie on this forum still have some issues with notifications.)
Digging a bit for myself, I've found a very promising solution to use arduino with a simple encoder.
The reason that I do not use the amplifiers controls is that I have no amplifier in the car, but a stock head unit, and the volume control is a lil bit too far (or my hands are too short). So I decided to put a knob closer to armrest, also the armrest permit to manipulate the knob with an enhanced precision while active driving.
I'm going to keep N7 and the car itself unmodified as far as I can. My installation will be a mobile one, so I can anytime eject the tablet and use it as usually, and move it to a new installation when I have another car.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)