[ROM][LP5.1][tilapia|grouper]Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.8-20150621 Unofficial

Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2

Click the above image to visit the official forum. There are documented details and the Donation link

This is an unoffical experimental build of ResurrectionRemix_LP for the Nexus 7(2012). :)
Latest 5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B)

Please refer to the tilapia thread for details: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3031614

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Thanks for the new release! Version 5.3.7 has been running great on my grouper, now will test version 5.3.8 and then probably sit tight until CM merges in LP 5.1.

Version 5.3.7 was an excellent release, stable with all the great extra features and the addition of being able to make a custom nav button for the power menu. I don't think any other custom rom has that feature yet but then again, I'm not checking/testing many other roms since you started building RR. :D

Thanks again for the great work and a great rom.

Mike T

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Hi Daniel, thanks for the new 5.1 build. I believe it's the first CM12.1 based rom released for grouper/tilapia...Congrats! :) Thank you for your work on getting this done so quickly.

I haven't really tested very much, I'm on EST and I'm about to get some sleep. :D The one thing I initially came across is wifi/settings/advanced force closes.

Also, just for further info, I tried dirty flashing this over RR v 5.3.8 while also flashing Banks latest 5.1 gapps and I got multiple force closes of Google apps, like Gmail and Youtube. A clean flash solved the problem. I also noticed that on initial setup, it takes a fairly long time to process the google connection. It almost looks like it's going to hang. I think this is just something new with CM12.1, as I experienced the same behavior on another device with a CM12.1 based rom. Although in that instance, I had to skip initial setup and let it boot into the OS before setting up wifi and google account.

Thank again for the build, I'll be re-setting it up and testing it out over the next little while.

Mike T

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Hi Daniel, thanks for the new 5.1 build. I believe it's the first CM12.1 based rom released for grouper/tilapia...Congrats! :) Thank you for your work on getting this done so quickly.

I haven't really tested very much, I'm on EST and I'm about to get some sleep. :D The one thing I initially came across is wifi/settings/advanced force closes.

Also, just for further info, I tried dirty flashing this over RR v 5.3.8 while also flashing Banks latest 5.1 gapps and I got multiple force closes of Google apps, like Gmail and Youtube. A clean flash solved the problem. I also noticed that on initial setup, it takes a fairly long time to process the google connection. It almost looks like it's going to hang. I think this is just something new with CM12.1, as I experienced the same behavior on another device with a CM12.1 based rom. Although in that instance, I had to skip initial setup and let it boot into the OS before setting up wifi and google account.

Thank again for the build, I'll be re-setting it up and testing it out over the next little while.

Mike T
Mike, keep us informed on how it runs please. I want to try CM12.1 myself, or any ROM based on it for that matter. I've had no luck with any 5.1 based ROM as of yet.

EDIT: Installed it myself as well, but it looks like it may take a very long time to restore the apps. Will report back later.

Last edited:

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
I just wanted to say that after a day of use I find this to be a fantastic ROM. Far too bloated for me but I can debloat it myself. It seems to be stable and fast, but no faster than freakslim. I can't wait until I can figure out how to run this at 1.6ghz then I suspect it will be faster then anything else I have ever tried.

Very good ROM. I highly recommend people try it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai
I downloaded the 5.3.9 version (md5 matched), flashed it and lockscreen would always stay black and unlockable. I thought it was a bug, and wiped and flashed again with no gapps. Started facing constant random reboots and I could no longer boot into TWRP, it would just stay at the TWRP splash screen. Fastboot flashed various versions of TWRP but no luck. The only option I had was to flash factory image and wipe off everything.

pjcanales

Dec 18, 2010
Batesville
Scorpn let me know how it runs on 1.6 if good would you think it be as stable as freakslim?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Scorpn let me know how it runs on 1.6 if good would you think it be as stable as freakslim?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Well, I don't think any of these LP roms are stable. Freaks ROM was never really stable for me, it was just very fast, fastest ROM so far, but its based on 5.0.2. I have not found one yet that I consider stable, not LP based anyway. And is there a kernel that overclocks for use on 5.1 ROMs? I have not tried M-Kernel because he has not updated it to 5.1 yet.

I was "thinking" about trying stock 5.1, but that is almost like me trying to live without breathing. Just the word "Stock" makes me cringe....

1haumann1

Oct 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It's not 5.1 based but works
uploadfromtaptalk1428132790285.pnguploadfromtaptalk1428132797513.png

keep calm and have a Nexus :D

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Hmm, that is a 5.1 based kernel? Strange that the OP completely left out that most important piece of info...

Please enlighten me which piece I left out?
I have already included the local_manifest.xml for building this rom. Same as the official Resurrection_Remix ROMs, I use the CyanogenMod kernel.
My Tilapia is a daily driver. Stability and battery life is my main concern. I tried M-kernel. It did't work without modification. I felt the back cover getting hot after a while. I don't think it is good for battery life. Anyway, if you think O/C is essential, just do your own mod. It is the fun part of Android. There are already a few good kernels waiting for you to test.

Please add the download link in the op, rather than to advertise your forum.......

Some of you guys must be come from a wealthy region and your parents are taking really good care of you. You may get whatever you want by shouting for mummy or daddy. I came from a poor family. My father died when I was at grade school. My mother don't have the resource and education rising us to be some fat and self retarded kid who complaining for an extra mouse click. Most of the time, I have to figure out things myself.

In the real world, we can't get everything we want. We can get something if we are working hard for it. It's time to grow up. :)

Someone from my Tilapia thread suggested me to add a thread here. I think its a good idea but I don't want to update two separate threads with the same content. So I just included a link.

I cherish a few nice words, a thank or a report (even if it's mean) but I don't think I need this kind of virtual publicity. I would follow RR as genuine as possible, I don't think I can fulfil every need. So I just give my thread one star. ;)

Last edited:

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
Sorry Daniel, I wasn't talking about your OP (Your OP is fantastic), I was talking about the Bricked kernels OP not mentioning something important, but I now realize its not mentioned for a good reason. lol

Oh, and yes running 1.5ghz or 1.6ghz (my preferred mhz) as was intended by NVIDIA, (1.5 Ghz is NOT an overclock, it is the Tegra3 sweet spot and what the Engineers intended this CPU to run at), but 1.2ghz is a under-clock and can introduce unseen instabilities. Instead, if I limit the device to two cores at 1.5ghz which is all Android uses/needs anyway and using my own settings I get a device that gives me more battery life and a rom that feels twice as fast at everything. The ONLY reason it has a QUAD core cpu, is because Specs sell, even though the engineers knows that Android does not need four cores, the fact is if they introduce an 8 core device, it would greatly sell just because it has 8 cores. The Quad Spec was simply for selling more of them at the time, NOT for a performance boost. There is no reason why we can't have more stability, more battery life and more speed, I just need the settings present so I can dial that in... By the way 1.2ghz on four cores burns more power then 2 cores at 1.5ghz, but 1.5ghz on Android is faster then 1.2ghz, on my N7 anyway. So, I just prefer to utilize the cores more efficiently, that's all. This device needs more mhz, not more cores. My N7 is super stable at both 1.5 and 1.6ghz, and it is only when I try 1.7ghz that it loses any stability. All CPU's get warm when turned on (I worked for Intel for a very long time, I know this), so if I can feel the heat on the back that just tells me the Thermal Interface is working efficiently. Its not a sign that something is wrong with the device.

Anyway, I'm not a Software developer, I'm an Intel Electronics Technician by trade, so I don't want to try and build my own kernel, I get a headache if I stay at the screen too long anyway, haha. Which is why I asked if someone knew of a 5.1 based kernel that already had more settings potential. Its perfectly OK if one isn't available yet, but I can still ask around? I been here at XDA since before the Android days (Windows Mobile first brought me here) and the one thing I learned is that this place is intended for asking questions. I have hundreds of helpful posts spread out over nearly 8 years, so I "should" have the right to ask if a kernel exists that suits my device and usage patterns better. Right? :good: It was just a friendly question anyway.

Your OP is great, and your ROM is awesome Daniel. I just want to "try" and get more out of it like I did with all the previous ROMs I have used. Thanks :good:

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Try this one [emoji6]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920628
Works great for me [emoji106]

Thanks for turning me on to that Kernel. I though it wouldnt work so I just avoided trying it. Thanks again bud :good:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Sorry Daniel, I wasn't talking about your OP (Your OP is fantastic), I was talking about the Bricked kernels OP not mentioning something important, but I now realize its not mentioned for a good reason. lol

Oh, and yes running 1.5ghz or 1.6ghz (my preferred mhz) as was intended by NVIDIA, (1.5 Ghz is NOT an overclock, it is the Tegra3 sweet spot and what the Engineers intended this CPU to run at), but 1.2ghz is a under-clock and can introduce unseen instabilities. Instead, if I limit the device to two cores at 1.5ghz which is all Android uses/needs anyway and using my own settings I get a device that gives me more battery life and a rom that feels twice as fast at everything. The ONLY reason it has a QUAD core cpu, is because Specs sell, even though the engineers knows that Android does not need four cores, the fact is if they introduce an 8 core device, it would greatly sell just because it has 8 cores. The Quad Spec was simply for selling more of them at the time, NOT for a performance boost. There is no reason why we can't have more stability, more battery life and more speed, I just need the settings present so I can dial that in... By the way 1.2ghz on four cores burns more power then 2 cores at 1.5ghz, but 1.5ghz on Android is faster then 1.2ghz, on my N7 anyway. So, I just prefer to utilize the cores more efficiently, that's all. This device needs more mhz, not more cores. My N7 is super stable at both 1.5 and 1.6ghz, and it is only when I try 1.7ghz that it loses any stability. All CPU's get warm when turned on (I worked for Intel for a very long time, I know this), so if I can feel the heat on the back that just tells me the Thermal Interface is working efficiently. Its not a sign that something is wrong with the device.

Anyway, I'm not a Software developer, I'm an Intel Electronics Technician by trade, so I don't want to try and build my own kernel, I get a headache if I stay at the screen too long anyway, haha. Which is why I asked if someone knew of a 5.1 based kernel that already had more settings potential. Its perfectly OK if one isn't available yet, but I can still ask around? I been here at XDA since before the Android days (Windows Mobile first brought me here) and the one thing I learned is that this place is intended for asking questions. I have hundreds of helpful posts spread out over nearly 8 years, so I "should" have the right to ask if a kernel exists that suits my device and usage patterns better. Right? :good: It was just a friendly question anyway.

Your OP is great, and your ROM is awesome Daniel. I just want to "try" and get more out of it like I did with all the previous ROMs I have used. Thanks :good:

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Thanks for turning me on to that Kernel. I though it wouldnt work so I just avoided trying it. Thanks again bud :good:
Thanks for the info!

My tab runs on max. 1.3G and it would take longer to generate the same among heat as in 1.5G. I assume that's normal.

In this case, I'll download and study the manual for Tegra3. If I can, I might add higher frequencies to the kernel's table. It seems doesn't hurt to have extra choices.

Further info. are welcome.

Flaff!

Apr 4, 2013
I downloaded the 5.3.9 version (md5 matched), flashed it and lockscreen would always stay black and unlockable. I thought it was a bug, and wiped and flashed again with no gapps. Started facing constant random reboots and I could no longer boot into TWRP, it would just stay at the TWRP splash screen. Fastboot flashed various versions of TWRP but no luck. The only option I had was to flash factory image and wipe off everything.

I have the same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Click the above image to visit the official forum. There are documented details and the Donation link

This is an unoffical experimental build of ResurrectionRemix_LP for the Nexus 7(2012). :)
    Latest 5.1.1_r3 (LMY48B)

Please refer to the tilapia thread for details: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3031614

Try this one [emoji6]
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920628
    Works great for me [emoji106]

Hmm, that is a 5.1 based kernel? Strange that the OP completely left out that most important piece of info...

I have already included the local_manifest.xml for building this rom. Same as the official Resurrection_Remix ROMs, I use the CyanogenMod kernel.
    My Tilapia is a daily driver. Stability and battery life is my main concern. I tried M-kernel. It did't work without modification. I felt the back cover getting hot after a while. I don't think it is good for battery life. Anyway, if you think O/C is essential, just do your own mod. It is the fun part of Android. There are already a few good kernels waiting for you to test.

Please add the download link in the op, rather than to advertise your forum.......

Some of you guys must be come from a wealthy region and your parents are taking really good care of you. You may get whatever you want by shouting for mummy or daddy. I came from a poor family. My father died when I was at grade school. My mother don't have the resource and education rising us to be some fat and self retarded kid who complaining for an extra mouse click. Most of the time, I have to figure out things myself.

In the real world, we can't get everything we want. We can get something if we are working hard for it. It's time to grow up. :)

Someone from my Tilapia thread suggested me to add a thread here. I think its a good idea but I don't want to update two separate threads with the same content. So I just included a link.

I cherish a few nice words, a thank or a report (even if it's mean) but I don't think I need this kind of virtual publicity. I would follow RR as genuine as possible, I don't think I can fulfil every need. So I just give my thread one star. ;)
    I just wanted to say that after a day of use I find this to be a fantastic ROM. Far too bloated for me but I can debloat it myself. It seems to be stable and fast, but no faster than freakslim. I can't wait until I can figure out how to run this at 1.6ghz then I suspect it will be faster then anything else I have ever tried.

Very good ROM. I highly recommend people try it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks for the info!

My tab runs on max. 1.3G and it would take longer to generate the same among heat as in 1.5G. I assume that's normal.

In this case, I'll download and study the manual for Tegra3. If I can, I might add higher frequencies to the kernel's table. It seems doesn't hurt to have extra choices.

Further info. are welcome.