This was created by building from LMY48I source and adding SuperSU/BusyBox
- Vanilla AOSP 5.1.1_r9 (LMY48I) for WiFi Nexus 7 (2012)
- NOT ALL-F2FS!!! EXT4 with NO JOURNAL MANDATORY on system partition - cache and data can be either filesystem. ROM manages system partition file system (and always has) - I don't notice a difference. Remember system partition is read-only f2fs makes little to no difference.
- BusyBox v1.22.1 bionic (needed for Trickster MOD/AdAway) - ( @craigacgomez)
- SuperSU 2.46 ( @Chainfire)
- OTG native support ( @craigacgomez) - use your favorite file manager (I like ES File Explorer)
- Reboot Menu with submenu for Reboot, Recovery and Bootloader respectively (from Nexus 9 @craigacgomez and Nexus 5 forum THANKS @GROGG88)
- FunkyKernel 1.7.0 STILL ROCKS @Snuzzo! Thanks!
- Setup wizard crash fix (prefer Google WebView over AOSP fix from @craigacgomez)
- Stock sounds from stock ROM
- AOSP keyboard swipe currently disabled - sorry
- GApps GPS fix
- AOSP is always Deodexed
- MUST Flash GApps for a "close to stock" experience - EVEN IF UPDATING from prior version(s)
***NOTE download any additional Google apps you might need that are missing from Google Play!
Before flashing scroll down and read NOTES!
md5 - aa4011eea486d4f9f9037338b0b24b28
Open GApps (closer to STOCK - choose ARM for Platform, 5.1 for Android then pick Micro for Variant)) - http://opengapps.org/
md5 - 4d7248406fb7a80c1585a10189caefbd
Minimal Dyanmic GApps http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=banks&device=gapps
NOTE takes a WHILE (5-10 minutes) to boot up on first boot! ART is optimizing applications. There is no more dalvik-vm!
If you like it hit thanks! Donations are appreciated but never expected
I do this for a hobby and to keep my tablet running like new
You need to wipe Data (if coming from 4.4.x or older or other non-5.x AOSP ROMs) or you see all sorts of Google Play services errors!
No need to wipe data over my prior BSZAospLP releases or other 5.x vanilla AOSP ROMs.
Coming soon (maybe):
- Strict aliasing (maybe?)
- ALWAYS flash GApps even if updating from a prior AOSP 5.x release! ALL ROMs format the /system partition as part of the installation process and this is where the GApps are kept!
- ALWAYS wipe both caches!
- If stuck on black Google screen!!! Format and ALSO repair system (ext4), cache and data (ext4 OR f2fs) in TWRP Wipe --> advanced wipe --> repair or change button. Thanks @ffejy462 and @nickmv for this valuable info!
- BACKUP using TWRP and Titanium - save those files off the device to a USB stick external HDD or whatnot! Not responsible for lost data!
- WIPE Data in recovery unless coming from another Vanilla AOSP 5.x ROM!
- Be sure you are at bootloader 4.23 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2150251
- ONLY TESTED USING TWRP 188.8.131.52.
- MUST FLASH GApps for Play Store, etc.
- You may see a few FCs when it first boots and settles in but should go away given time.
- If you like it consider donating! A nice big solid state hard drive will let me build faster and for more devices! (YAY my build box now has 411GB free even after all this developing - thanks to all who donated).
@dsixda for the Kitchen! (Consider donating to him work is paused on the kitchen he said due to health). I used this for all my initial development.
@Chainfire for SuperSU and keeping it updated!
@GROGG88 - for the power menu and GPS patches (even though it was from Nexus 5 it worked great)!!!!
@craigacgomez - used many commits from his Lollipopalooza for Nexus 9 (BusyBox in src tree and compiled with ROM, native OTG).
@scrosler - for also being a really cool dev and helping me (even though he's doing Nexus 5 things) and introducing me to @GROGG88
@adomol for the early f2fs ROM based on mine
@sykopompos for the sepolicy file and kernel instructions to allow root as well as the ART build.prop tweaks.
@scrosler for sharing his Nexus 7 (2013) ROM and updater-script - great dev and good resource
@Snuzzo for permission to use his kernel and for all of his guidance - great dev and awesome resource as well!
@drewwalton19216801 for Lollipop GApps!
@azoller1 for v4.23 bootloader thread and flashable zip
@MidnightNinja - for also posting a build
Google for Android
AOSP for source!