How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Search This thread

ene90

Sep 29, 2014
Some of you do not have the Keylayout file for even the USB Xbox Controller, I am attaching the file (it needs to be unzipped), you will need to paste it into the /system/usr/keylayout/ folder.
file manager with su power but the copy fail, why?

enrke

Apr 23, 2012
My acer iconia b1-730 doesn't have the driver file

Hello, guys.

I did all the beginning steps to put it to work, but I realised that there is no 'module' folder inside '/system/lib'
There is something I could do to make it works? I have the wireless xbox 360 controller + original microsoft dongle.
By the way, the kernel version is 3.10.20

hoang51

Mar 20, 2011
For those who have issues with ES Explorer, go under the Tools menu on the left hand side and enable the Root Explorer option. That'll allow you to actually move the file into the directory the file needs to be. I was wondering what's going on when SuperSU was already giving it root access... but I guess you have to enable that option internally in the ES Explorer. Hope this helps anybody out there.

Masshorde

Jan 13, 2015
Hudl 2

How do you use a wired Afterglow controller on a Hudl 2. I have the OTG cable, the Afterglow Xbox controller and I use ES file explorer mainly because I dont want to root my device. It would probably improve my experience, but I want to wait until after my guarantee wears off. But without rooting my device, using a Hudl 2 could I do this. I have tried to follow the steps using USB viewer on PC, to find the Vendor number as well as the Product number, renamed the file, and then I found there was no usr folder or anything with the same type of file extension, so I made a file directory so it went System/usr/keylayout and then I rebooted the Hudl 2, and nothing. I tried Shadowgun and Max Payne, both not working. So, solutions?

dan0019

Jan 15, 2015
Hey, I applied Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl and rebooted. my d-pad is now being recognized in android, Thanks. However has anyone used this on half life 2? everything works apart from the D-Pad. Which seems to work in the main menu but not in submenu's or in-game? would like to know if you have experienced this or have any ideas? I am using the HTC One on Lollipop 5.0.1 Revolution HD.

amir_us_20

Jan 13, 2012
xpad.ko

Hi
I was just trying to install the modules ff-memless.ko and xpad.ko so that I can use my xbox controller. when I try the command in terminal emulator:

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/xpad.ko

It fails and says: (exec format error)

I have a rooted SmartTouch Trend TE7822116B on stock 4.2.2 with Kernel Ver: 3.4.5 pengfei@server#1 i basically need the xpad.ko and ff-nemless.ko files for this device.
thank you.

javi8g8

Oct 23, 2014
Hey, I applied Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl and rebooted. my d-pad is now being recognized in android, Thanks. However has anyone used this on half life 2? everything works apart from the D-Pad. Which seems to work in the main menu but not in submenu's or in-game? would like to know if you have experienced this or have any ideas? I am using the HTC One on Lollipop 5.0.1 Revolution HD.
DPad works fine using MrAdam solution (post 244).
Some games needs aditional app to map the touch screen with the gamepads control (gamekeyboard, tincore...).

dan0019

Jan 15, 2015
DPad works fine using MrAdam solution (post 244).
Some games needs aditional app to map the touch screen with the gamepads control (gamekeyboard, tincore...).

Thanks, not working in HL2 though? :crying: I have applied the D-Pad mapping in the Vendor files as per Adam's post and it is working perfectly in GTASA!?

Reactions: n1kolaa

amir_us_20

Jan 13, 2012
Hi
I was just trying to install the modules ff-memless.ko and xpad.ko so that I can use my xbox controller. when I try the command in terminal emulator:

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/xpad.ko

It fails and says: (exec format error)

I have a rooted SmartTouch Trend TE7822116B on stock 4.2.2 with Kernel Ver: 3.4.5 pengfei@server#1 i basically need the xpad.ko and ff-nemless.ko files for this device.
thank you.

I need HELP
Plz

Guyver111

Dec 13, 2014
Anyone got the Wireless Controller to work with a MTK powered device like Lenovo S6000 ?

seems like MTK doesn't know the difference between a wireless receiver and a charger.
Because when i plug in the receiver dmesg reports somethin like MTK: Charger detected .....

Skarinviking

Mar 25, 2015
Hi guys, I have read all the stuff concerning this fix, and I have still got a major issue, not concerning the fix by itself.

I have got an Asus Zenfone, that can't be rooted already, can I apply this fix without having the phone rooted?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Nov 10, 2011
Using a wireless xbox controller along with a wireless receiver for PC. (3rd party receiver, not an official M$ one) on my rooted LG G Pad 8.3" (stock 4.4.2 rom)

The stock lg g pad 4.4.2 rom doesn't have profiles for either product 0291 or 0719 (it does however have a Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl which from the file's comments appears to be intended for the "XBox 360 USB Controller" ).
So I dropped in the .kl with both 0291 & 0719 names. (using ES File Explorer rather than terminal, so I didn't have to worry about setting access rights; defaults to 777)
Just to be sure, I added the .kcm into /keychars too (appropriately named ofc)

It got rid of the spinning camera problem I was experiencing in GTA:SA.
However, a 2nd problem cropped up; keys easily & frequently become stuck on - as if key release events are frequently not being detected/delivered.
I've tried GTA3 too, and that exhibits the exact same problem.

I didn't play the game while suffering from the spinning camera issue, so cannot be sure whether this issue was already present, or was introduced by the fix.
Any idea what the cause/solution may be?

Last edited:

Wrathlon

May 15, 2009
If anyone is wondering about a way to stop the blinking lights, I found that downloading Joystick Center, run it, search until it finds the controller, then just do nothing and exit stops them blinking but keeps it working with the inbuilt driver.

I'm sure someone cleverer than me can chop down the app to just do that function and use something like tasker to perform the action automatically after connecting it.

line____

Nov 10, 2009
hi can you make a file to flash with twrp?i dont have eny off the atached files...719 and 291....and i cant make them with terminal......i copy them with root expelor but all key go disable on my phone and i cheng my rom so my phone gose on agine......plz make a file i can flashe it with twrp i cant worck with root expelor :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1

So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup.

• Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
    • OTG Cable.
    • Xbox 360 Wireless Dongle (This is meant for the PC but also works on the Android, and quite lovely on emulators)

This setup alone works well for allot of the emulators out there, however some of the games are not working with the controller, for instance GTA3 , Dead Trigger, Shadowgun and others. So by reading the logcat I was able to figure out a solution. Snippet of logcat below

--------------------
    07-22 19:55:48.039 350 405 D EventHub: No input device configuration file found for device 'Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver'.
    07-22 19:55:48.059 350 405 I EventHub: New device: id=4, fd=269, path='/dev/input/event3', name='
    360 Wireless Receiver', classes=0x80000341, configuration='', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false, usingSuspendBlockIoctl=true, usingClockIoctl=false

<6>[ 117.819812] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 2 using tegra-ehci
    <6>[ 117.873142] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=0719
    <6>[ 117.873219] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    <6>[ 117.873337] usb 2-1: Product: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
    <6>[ 117.873403] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: ©Microsoft
    <6>[ 117.873518] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: FE425DB0
    -------------------

So when i searched through the /system/usr/keylayout/ I saw there was a profile for the xbox 360 wired controller so I thought why not copy the profile and name it a wireless xbox controller. This idea worked. You name keylayouts by Vendor ID and Product ID which I also was able to get from the logcat. What is nice about this is I think we can use this to solve issues with other controllers as well, but I don't know of any that are also having problems.

For this solution a rooted Nexus 7 is required. I already have a step by step video on rooting if you need the help on the nexus 7. but after obtaining root you need to enter into the Android Shell (i was using Terminal Emulator for Android on the Nexus 7 downloaded from the google play store ) . I entered this commands to get this all setup.

• su
    • cd /system/usr/keylayout/
    • mount -o remount,rw /system
    • cp Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl
    • chmod 644 Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl
    • chmod 644 Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl
    • exit
    • exit

Restart System and Enjoy!!!!

UPDATE 2
    I attached the Key Character Mapping file as well. This is found in /system/usr/keychars . For nexus 7 users this isn't necessary but some other devices have different generic .kcm so this is needed (in the process of being confirmed) PLEASE NOTE THE .KCM Extension

UPDATE
    Some of you do not have the Keylayout file for even the USB Xbox Controller, I am attaching the file (it needs to be unzipped), you will need to paste it into the /system/usr/keylayout/ folder. You also could rename this to the Wireless Xbox Controller Vendor and Product ID and copy it 'Vendor_045e_Product_0719' .
    Update 2: When copying the file you still need to mount the Systems folder using the command listed above: "mount -o remount,rw /system" and also remember to modify its priveledges using the
    "chmod 644 Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl"
    PLEASE NOTE THE .KL EXTENSION FOR THIS FILE
    Modified Key Layout - DPad as buttons

Hey guys, I've modified the .kl file for the xbox 360 controller so that the dpad is now getting mapped to buttons.
    I've tested it and the dpad now works in Conduit (it wasn't working for me before).
    The dpad now works in the android gui as well as in emulators (I tested in snesoid).
    It should theoretically work better in most games.

Just install it the same way as in the original post.
    So, i was a bit tired of editing this every time by hand if i updated my Rom on my Nexus 7 so i tried to write my first update.zip and i thought i share it here.
    This zip doesn't contain the kcm file, so if you need it on your device you probably have to add it for yourself. Everything else should work fine, i flashed it a few times myself.
    d-pad

You should add the following lines to the .kl file to get the d-pad working (needed for GTA):

key 704 DPAD_LEFT
    key 705 DPAD_RIGHT
    key 706 DPAD_UP
    key 707 DPAD_DOWN

Regards, Adam.