FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Guide][WIP] To ALL-F2FS

3,964 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,734

By USBhost, Recognized Contributor on 4th July 2014, 02:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th April 2015, 12:05 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
is there a noticeable increase in performance going F2FS?

28th April 2015, 02:15 PM |#82  
Flag Ames
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh

It kinda depends on the device. The Nexus 7 was pretty noticeable, but my g2 wasn't as much. I'm still on the fence if it's worth the hassle overall. I think the Nexus 7 benchmark scores went from 14k to 18k on f2fs, and then to 22k on KK art (maybe it was18k>20k>22k). Those numbers are from memory, so they might not be accurate, but I think you get the point.

lg g2 xdabbeb's vs982.5 1.2.0
28th April 2015, 04:18 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
honestly after much frustration with android 4.4.4 and 5.1 running unacceptably slow. I went back to CM 10.1.3 (4.2.2) and god damn, i forgot how fast this ole nexus 7 could be.
1st May 2015, 05:01 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh

some people say F2FS on system is overkill but because the 2012 N7 has the emmc degredation (slows over time) it helps a bit. I did this to one of mine and it is noticable on lolipop (in the short time I used it) but not a huge notable difference on KK.

Just as a point, off topic maybe, but just so people know that 2 of my N7 2012's died in the 5.0.2 update , one went APX mode (black screen) but the other has the notorious userdata write error . However I formatted to F2FS after some tinkering - it didnt work right away, had to format F2FS/reboot back and forth until I was able to flash an allF2FS rom (4.4.4).

IF the screen goes off I have to hard reboot it however is does work. Luckily I have an asus dock and I set it to stay on while charging . it does also incurr some random reboots but at least its working with minimal apps installed (Im only using netflix, google music, allcast receiver).

That's certainly not a fix however there it is for anyone it might concern.

UPDATE: After two weeks it froze and wont go past the google screen after booting so I'll add it to the pile.
Last edited by brandub; 13th May 2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: new info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread