[Q] Nexus 7 Screen Touch Not Working

OP bobthemac

6th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I am having issues with a nexus 7 I have just bought. Got it of ebay with a cracked screen bought a replacement screen and the screen part works fine but I have no touch at all on the device I have ensured the connection of the cable as what I have seen it is correct. I think I may have mucked something up has anyone got any ideas anything is fine tablet only cost be 5 quid anyone got this issues before.
6th July 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,076

2,898 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthemac

I am having issues with a nexus 7 I have just bought. Got it of ebay with a cracked screen bought a replacement screen and the screen part works fine but I have no touch at all on the device I have ensured the connection of the cable as what I have seen it is correct. I think I may have mucked something up has anyone got any ideas anything is fine tablet only cost be 5 quid anyone got this issues before.

what part you did actually replace cause in the n7 im pretty sure the digitizer, lcd and front of device are glued
6th July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PiLoT-

what part you did actually replace cause in the n7 im pretty sure the digitizer, lcd and front of device are glued

The front bezel comes of the screen quite easily the digitiser and lcd are fused together I just bought one of eBay added it to the front bezel and it works as a screen it's just the digitiser that doesn't seem to work I get no response when I tap it in any way not sure why it isn't working.
6th July 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,076

2,898 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthemac

The front bezel comes of the screen quite easily the digitiser and lcd are fused together I just bought one of eBay added it to the front bezel and it works as a screen it's just the digitiser that doesn't seem to work I get no response when I tap it in any way not sure why it isn't working.

may be a ****ed digitiser
6th July 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -PiLoT-

may be a ****ed digitiser

That's what I was thinking asked the seller to tell me if they tested it before shipping as their listing says they did. Just wondering if their was anything else I could try to check what the issue is, I have done the whole reseating the cable and zip ties under the digitiser connector as mentioned on a post here not sure it is though lost the link to it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread