Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more
Post Reply

[Q] Brinked nexus 7 APX mode (only)

OP radeon9550

13th July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ibarra
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hi guys yesterday my nexus freeze in gmail.. so i turn it down by pressing and hold te power button
then the tablet freeze in the Google LOGO

after taht i try to ge into Recovery mode,, it freeze aswell then i just reboot it on bootloader adn i leave it thre for about 1 hour charging

the i try to go to boot loader to fhasl stok rom..

but..!! it wont work.. never turns on..

and it shows in my pc as APX mode

no more than that y tri to start it in bootloader but i just cant with every method i find in internet even i try to charge it by pogo pins and nothing happends

i try to do soetring with nvflash but it said

Unknow devices found and do nothing


pls help me ,!!
30th July 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon9550

Hi guys yesterday my nexus freeze in gmail.. so i turn it down by pressing and hold te power button
then the tablet freeze in the Google LOGO

after taht i try to ge into Recovery mode,, it freeze aswell then i just reboot it on bootloader adn i leave it thre for about 1 hour charging

the i try to go to boot loader to fhasl stok rom..

but..!! it wont work.. never turns on..

and it shows in my pc as APX mode

no more than that y tri to start it in bootloader but i just cant with every method i find in internet even i try to charge it by pogo pins and nothing happends

i try to do soetring with nvflash but it said

Unknow devices found and do nothing


pls help me ,!!

Ok as far as I have herd there is no way to rescue a bricked nexus 7 using NVflash if there are no Backed-up Blob files on it. If you just ended up in apx mode without doing anything to its bootloader then it is probably out of charge or needs to have a particular button combo to sort it out

if on the other hand you corrupted the bootloader and after that the device is in a sleep of death then you have hardbricked your nexus 7 'apparently'

good luck
30th July 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ibarra
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Info 2 No Custom Bootloader
Hill well i never done something to the bootlaoder no Multibot no Custom bootloader ( factory only )

i try a lot of key combination but nothing happend :/

but my questin is i got a second n7 same specs how can i pull the blob files and,

can i use this files to unbrink the other

if i can pls explainme that

i love my tablet i dont wanna see her die


thnaks..
31st July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Lightbulb don't give up
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon9550

Hill well i never done something to the bootlaoder no Multibot no Custom bootloader ( factory only )

i try a lot of key combination but nothing happend :/

but my questin is i got a second n7 same specs how can i pull the blob files and,

can i use this files to unbrink the other

if i can pls explainme that

i love my tablet i dont wanna see her die


thnaks..

Ok if you want to know about how to set up a link between the NVflash tool (on your computer) and your new n7 just use the following proceedure here http://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/gu...lash-jellybean

As far as your old n7 is concerned if it is definitely hard-bricked and you have not made a backup using NVflash before the brick then there is no known way to save it with only a computer and n7 connected via USB however there is a slim chance your old n7 might just be in a state where it can't access the bootloader because of some power shortage or incorrect button states so do keep trying the key combos and recharging etc because there are a lot of stories of people who escaped using this random strategy. Normally to get into apx mode one would press all three buttons at once so to get out you could do the same so it is worth a try

BTW I have one more trick up my sleeve, if you download WugFresh's toolkit for the n7 (make sure its 2012 edition) then you could try pressing the 'reboot bootloader' option in the advance options menu in the lower left.

good luck
5th August 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
bshiznit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 355
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloftking

Ok if you want to know about how to set up a link between the NVflash tool (on your computer) and your new n7 just use the following proceedure here http://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/gu...lash-jellybean

As far as your old n7 is concerned if it is definitely hard-bricked and you have not made a backup using NVflash before the brick then there is no known way to save it with only a computer and n7 connected via USB however there is a slim chance your old n7 might just be in a state where it can't access the bootloader because of some power shortage or incorrect button states so do keep trying the key combos and recharging etc because there are a lot of stories of people who escaped using this random strategy. Normally to get into apx mode one would press all three buttons at once so to get out you could do the same so it is worth a try

BTW I have one more trick up my sleeve, if you download WugFresh's toolkit for the n7 (make sure its 2012 edition) then you could try pressing the 'reboot bootloader' option in the advance options menu in the lower left.

good luck

Same deal here - and frickin ASUS wanted $165 JUST for the motherboard part. So I said no to the RMA and they sent it back.

NOW my question is - can I order a motherboard and just swap it out? Does that work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Nexus-7...t/121330719361
6th August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #6  
PrizmaticSmoke's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshiznit

Same deal here - and frickin ASUS wanted $165 JUST for the motherboard part. So I said no to the RMA and they sent it back.

NOW my question is - can I order a motherboard and just swap it out? Does that work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-Nexus-7...t/121330719361

Haven't done it myself, but understand it does work. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+7...placement/9943
The Following User Says Thank You to PrizmaticSmoke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #7  
bshiznit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 355
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizmaticSmoke

Haven't done it myself, but understand it does work. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+7...placement/9943

Thanks! Ordered it and will be attempting :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank