No registration required

Charging Without Turn On

OP joni870303

11th July 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

74 posts
More
Hi Friends! I have a nexus 7 (2012). I have a quaestion, my device can not charging when its turn off. If i plug the charging cable,its turn on automatically. How can i this function swith off? I use cm11 m8.
Before i dont have this promlem. Please help.

Thanks,
11th July 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,117

7,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni870303

Hi Friends! I have a nexus 7 (2012). I have a quaestion, my device can not charging when its turn off. If i plug the charging cable,its turn on automatically. How can i this function swith off? I use cm11 m8.
Before i dont have this promlem. Please help.

Thanks,

Pretty sure that's not normal, the default is to charge when off. The bootloader will come up with the charging screen (big white battery) but then the screen goes off and it charges. It is not going to ever charge completely off.

To re-enable the default, do this in bootloader. If you don't know how, google how to use Fastboot on the Nexus 7.

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1
11th July 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

74 posts
More
Thanks your answer, i wrote your command, and came this message: "<bootloader> Charging mode will be enabled after rebooting.."
So i try, but if i plug the AC turn on the device. Have idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

Pretty sure that's not normal, the default is to charge when off. The bootloader will come up with the charging screen (big white battery) but then the screen goes off and it charges. It is not going to ever charge completely off.

To re-enable the default, do this in bootloader. If you don't know how, google how to use Fastboot on the Nexus 7.

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

11th July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,117

7,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joni870303

Thanks your answer, i wrote your command, and came this message: "<bootloader> Charging mode will be enabled after rebooting.."
So i try, but if i plug the AC turn on the device. Have idea?

Huh.. Maybe I had it backwards? Try 0 instead of 1. But pretty sure what I said is the right one.
11th July 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

74 posts
More
The command was promt, but my device is very confused. Reinstall and bootloader update was the solution.

Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaytsus

Huh.. Maybe I had it backwards? Try 0 instead of 1. But pretty sure what I said is the right one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread