FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Color calibration and CyanogenMod

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By davelee1054, Senior Member on 10th August 2014, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I flashed CM11 M8 on my tablet. I've been running CM11 M8 on my phone for a while now. In the display section of the settings on my phone, there is a color calibration option.

My Nexus is very badly in need of color calibration, but the color calibration option is nowhere to be found in the same menu!

I tried to Google this issue but it doesn't seem like anyone is having troubles with a missing color calibration option. Can someone please help? Did I flash a bad ROM?

12th August 2014, 07:41 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
This problem is affecting nobody else?
14th August 2014, 10:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
?????
16th August 2014, 07:31 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Really?
20th August 2014, 11:26 AM |#5  
Flag Sant'Urbano (PD)
Thanks Meter: 332

More
It depends on the hardware, my Moto G supports color calibration as well, but the 2012 Nexus 7 doesn't (as of now), so there's no such option available.
25th August 2014, 12:45 AM |#6  
Calais
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sign Basic Functionality
It is truly unfortunate that Nvidia has not provided enough documentation for someone to figure this out by now. There should be a hardware level interface provided to do this for accessibility reasons. I imagine that the gamma could be adjusted at a software level before being put to the framebuffer. This would require a well engineered modification to surfaceflinger, but the result would provide color correction regardless of device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)