Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 47,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Color calibration and CyanogenMod

Tip us?

davelee1054
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Color calibration and CyanogenMod

So I flashed CM11 M8 on my tablet. I've been running CM11 M8 on my phone for a while now. In the display section of the settings on my phone, there is a color calibration option.

My Nexus is very badly in need of color calibration, but the color calibration option is nowhere to be found in the same menu!

I tried to Google this issue but it doesn't seem like anyone is having troubles with a missing color calibration option. Can someone please help? Did I flash a bad ROM?

davelee1054
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
This problem is affecting nobody else?

davelee1054
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
?????

davelee1054
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Really?

Bert98
Old
Thanks Meter 198
It depends on the hardware, my Moto G supports color calibration as well, but the 2012 Nexus 7 doesn't (as of now), so there's no such option available.
Moto G XT1032 8Gb
-ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-KERNEL: Xperience Kernel 14

Nexus 7 Grouper 16Gb
-Primary ROM: AOSPA 4.6 Beta 1
-Secondary ROM: Android L SDK port
-Kernel: M-Kernel a69

#stayparanoid

crache
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sign Basic Functionality

It is truly unfortunate that Nvidia has not provided enough documentation for someone to figure this out by now. There should be a hardware level interface provided to do this for accessibility reasons. I imagine that the gamma could be adjusted at a software level before being put to the framebuffer. This would require a well engineered modification to surfaceflinger, but the result would provide color correction regardless of device.