Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] F2FS question

Tip us?

waywardsojourner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] F2FS question

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I have looked and am not able to post in the developer thread yet. I've got everything up and running on my N7 with f2fs, but I'm curious now if I update my ROM do I have to go through all the steps again? Do I always need to format data at the end and lose everything? Should I be using titanium backup to solve this? Hopefully someone can help me out.

PrizmaticSmoke
Old
(Last edited by PrizmaticSmoke; 25th August 2014 at 04:05 PM.) Reason: Edit: spelling
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardsojourner View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I have looked and am not able to post in the developer thread yet. I've got everything up and running on my N7 with f2fs, but I'm curious now if I update my ROM do I have to go through all the steps again? Do I always need to format data at the end and lose everything? Should I be using titanium backup to solve this? Hopefully someone can help me out.
If everything is up and running on F2FS already, you can flash and restore titanium backups as normal. You just now have to make sure the ROM and/or kernel you're flashing supports F2FS or has been converted to support F2FS.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrizmaticSmoke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waywardsojourner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizmaticSmoke View Post
If everything is up and running on F2FS already, you can flash and restore titanium backups as normal. You just now have to make sure the ROM and/or kernel you're flashing supports F2FS or has been converted to support F2F2.
Thanks for the info!

Leonhan
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizmaticSmoke View Post
If everything is up and running on F2FS already, you can flash and restore titanium backups as normal. You just now have to make sure the ROM and/or kernel you're flashing supports F2FS or has been converted to support F2FS.
I am already on Carbon Rom All-F2FS, should I switch to another F2FS rom, what wipes are necessary? And should I format my tab again to all F2FS?

adrman
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonhan View Post
I am already on Carbon Rom All-F2FS, should I switch to another F2FS rom, what wipes are necessary? And should I format my tab again to all F2FS?
Just do a normal clean flash like you would if you were still on ext4. No need to reformat. That's how i switched to Carbon. As far as nightlies on Carbon (or others), just dirty flash them. I've had no problems doing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]