[Q] [ROM] What things do you like to see? What do you think that what's missing?

OP marcomarinho

9th July 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 3,313

1,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
What features/things do you think that a ROM should had? Like increase the speed? An stable ROM? Give me your opinion
9th July 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,062

10,087 posts
More
Every single person will have a different answer to this.

Are you going to make a rom? If so, a good start is making it how YOU want it to be....and go from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Porto

1,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Are you going to make a rom? If so, a good start is making it how YOU want it to be....and go from there.

That is the problem. I don't know what ROM base should I take
9th July 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 717

830 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MarcoMarinho_

What features/things do you think that a ROM should had? Like increase the speed? An stable ROM? Give me your opinion

Marco! Glad to see you round here honestly, the feature I want is antifeatures ROMs have to many gimmicks imho. That's why I stick to things like Rastakat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

I agree. If you want to release a ROM then add the features you want and don't let anyone else tell you what you should do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MarcoMarinho_

That is the problem. I don't know what ROM base should I take

I guess it depends how much control you want to have on the final product. I'd personally base it on pure AOSP source then go from there, that way it'll be completely yours. I can't think of a justified reason to base it on CM11... CAF, features I don't want, incompatibility issues (how can I live without Franco kernel???). I guess you could use AOSPA except from using it as a DD for about a month now, although I think their features are great I feel as though they've been designed with a Nexus 5 in mind. Here's some general stuff:

- I haven't found a single theme which works properly on N7, they all use phone layouts and low resolution icons
- I prefer PAs implementation of quick settings tiles over CMs
- did I mention Franco kernel is incompatible with AOSP?
- if you want to go more for theming than features, an L themed ROM would be cool
- You're not really going to be able to do much realistically to make any ROM faster. Just don't use stupid harmful flags
- OK I'll just be frank, if you use CM11 as base then I won't be part of your user base

I'll end by saying that you should ignore all the points I just made and instead BUILD A ROM *YOU* WANT WITH FEATURES *YOU* WANT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Porto

1,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn

Marco! Glad to see you round here honestly, the feature I want is antifeatures ROMs have to many gimmicks imho. That's why I stick to things like Rastakat.

I agree. If you want to release a ROM then add the features you want and don't let anyone else tell you what you should do!

I guess it depends how much control you want to have on the final product. I'd personally base it on pure AOSP source then go from there, that way it'll be completely yours. I can't think of a justified reason to base it on CM11... CAF, features I don't want, incompatibility issues (how can I live without Franco kernel???). I guess you could use AOSPA except from using it as a DD for about a month now, although I think their features are great I feel as though they've been designed with a Nexus 5 in mind. Here's some general stuff:

- I haven't found a single theme which works properly on N7, they all use phone layouts and low resolution icons
- I prefer PAs implementation of quick settings tiles over CMs
- did I mention Franco kernel is incompatible with AOSP?
- if you want to go more for theming than features, an L themed ROM would be cool
- You're not really going to be able to do much realistically to make any ROM faster. Just don't use stupid harmful flags
- OK I'll just be frank, if you use CM11 as base then I won't be part of your user base

I'll end by saying that you should ignore all the points I just made and instead BUILD A ROM *YOU* WANT WITH FEATURES *YOU* WANT

Thanks so much for this bro This is a really good opinion I will make a ROM with the focus on stability and performance. Something I'm looking for. Now I had some ideas that could make my ROM different from another's

Thank you guys for clarifing my ideas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread