Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with F2FS and getting files onto a wiped tablet

Tip us?

steve626
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with F2FS and getting files onto a wiped tablet

I am trying to get the F2FS file structure and I can't find the SlimKat Rom or GAPPS files on my tablet. All I have is a laptop with Win8, which has copies of the needed files on there. Is there a way that I can get the .ZIP files onto my tablet, or make my laptop work like an OTG-USB? I'm not in the US and I don't know if I can get an OTG cable any time soon.

Thanks.

brizey
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve626 View Post
I am trying to get the F2FS file structure and I can't find the SlimKat Rom or GAPPS files on my tablet. All I have is a laptop with Win8, which has copies of the needed files on there. Is there a way that I can get the .ZIP files onto my tablet, or make my laptop work like an OTG-USB? I'm not in the US and I don't know if I can get an OTG cable any time soon.

Thanks.
So is your situation:
  • Tablet is wiped
  • Partitions are formatted to f2fs
  • Recovery still functioning

If that is the case, then just use the sideload function. For TWRP, its under the advanced menu. Start sideload mode in TWRP, then on the PC open a command window in the directory where the files are (google to see how to add that function to the windows right click menu...really handy). Then:

adb sideload yourfilenamehere

Do it for both files.

Done.

steve626
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizey View Post
So is your situation:
  • Tablet is wiped
  • Partitions are formatted to f2fs
  • Recovery still functioning

If that is the case, then just use the sideload function. For TWRP, its under the advanced menu. Start sideload mode in TWRP, then on the PC open a command window in the directory where the files are (google to see how to add that function to the windows right click menu...really handy). Then:

adb sideload yourfilenamehere

Do it for both files.

Done.
Even Recovery was stuck in a loop. I used a toolkit to flash back to all stock, it's working. Maybe I'll mess around with it again. Thanks.