Help with F2FS and getting files onto a wiped tablet

OP steve626

29th July 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Maynooth
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I am trying to get the F2FS file structure and I can't find the SlimKat Rom or GAPPS files on my tablet. All I have is a laptop with Win8, which has copies of the needed files on there. Is there a way that I can get the .ZIP files onto my tablet, or make my laptop work like an OTG-USB? I'm not in the US and I don't know if I can get an OTG cable any time soon.

Thanks.
31st July 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 414

1,899 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve626

I am trying to get the F2FS file structure and I can't find the SlimKat Rom or GAPPS files on my tablet. All I have is a laptop with Win8, which has copies of the needed files on there. Is there a way that I can get the .ZIP files onto my tablet, or make my laptop work like an OTG-USB? I'm not in the US and I don't know if I can get an OTG cable any time soon.

Thanks.

So is your situation:
  • Tablet is wiped
  • Partitions are formatted to f2fs
  • Recovery still functioning

If that is the case, then just use the sideload function. For TWRP, its under the advanced menu. Start sideload mode in TWRP, then on the PC open a command window in the directory where the files are (google to see how to add that function to the windows right click menu...really handy). Then:

adb sideload yourfilenamehere

Do it for both files.

Done.
1st August 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Maynooth
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizey

So is your situation:

• Tablet is wiped
  • Partitions are formatted to f2fs
  • Recovery still functioning

If that is the case, then just use the sideload function. For TWRP, its under the advanced menu. Start sideload mode in TWRP, then on the PC open a command window in the directory where the files are (google to see how to add that function to the windows right click menu...really handy). Then:

adb sideload yourfilenamehere

Do it for both files.

Done.

Even Recovery was stuck in a loop. I used a toolkit to flash back to all stock, it's working. Maybe I'll mess around with it again. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread