OP Ooshi

30th August 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Hello everyone!

I have a nexus 7 (the first one) and I have used it for the longest time I can remember.

Recently, while I was in the hospital, a nurse dropped it and bam, the screen shattered. The touchscreen works but the glass is gone.

I can use the bottom left corner of the screen but about 60% of the upper screen is non-responsive to touch thanks to the glass. I have a lot of photos, memos, etc, on the nexus that I would like to recover but thanks to the notorious problem of the MTP not being detectable, I simply cannot extract any of the valuable data. I used to use wifi transfer but since I cannot connect to wifi (Upper part of screen is non-responsive), I simply cannot transfer any data either.

I have tried to look for replacement glass panels but here in Korea, it seems nobody really uses Nexus' brand devices and I simply could not find an Asus center that could fix this.

Is there any other method that I can use to extract the data? Seems recovery is useless because I am simply shown a "No Command" with a dead android on top whenever I try. I would love to simply let my tablet die in peace but the memories on this device is simply too valuable to give up on. Any method is welcome.
30th August 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Try a USB keyboard or mouse.

Sent from my Le Pan TC1020 using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,122

10,241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55555

Try a USB keyboard or mouse.

Sent from my Le Pan TC1020 using Tapatalk

Yes, this ^

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Or use Adb to transfer the files. That could work too hopefully.

Or Dropbox or similar. Tho, you need WiFi obviously.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread