Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) Downgrade to Jellybean (on Mac OSX)

Tip us?

yossarianph
Old
(Last edited by yossarianph; 29th July 2014 at 02:14 AM.) Reason: More details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Nexus 7 (2012) Downgrade to Jellybean (on Mac OSX)

Hi,
I've tried searching from this forum and online, but I can't find any direct instructions in downgrading a Nexus 7 (2012) from the latest, 4.4.4 to Jellybean (4.1.2) on a Mac OSX (Mountain Lion)?

I hope I can get some help to get it done. I'm using a Mac OSX too. The reason is because I'm having a very very slow charging time (like 9-10 hours from about 10% to full), and I believe it happened right after upgrading to Kitkat. I've read perhaps all the other threads about the slow battery charging (and that the dock works as a solution), but I'm in a country where the dock isn't even available.

It might be hardware, but it was just too coincident the the problem happened right after upgrading to Kitkat, so I'd like to try my luck first by downgrading. I don't have any issues with the lags, or slow opening of apps, or battery drain. The only issue I have is the very slow charging rate.

I've tried the other tricks like pulling the usb plug back and forth, but the charging remans slow (I'm measuring via Battery Monitor Widget).

Is it possible to downgrade to back to Jellybean on a Mac OSX (Mountain Lion)? Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Windows.

Thanks!

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,324

DONATE TO ME
Adb and fastboot work in Mac just like every other OS

#stayparanoid

xxxmoscoxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
For the slow charging issue.. have you flashed the latest bootloader?

Sent from my nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

yossarianph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sadly, I don't know anything about rooting or altering the OS of Nexus 7. I'll get some reading done, but I'm just afraid to brick my tablet.

yossarianph
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Another thing, is it correct that I can't downgrade directly to 4.1.2 coming from 4.4.4?