Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) refuses to power on after battery drain and subsequent charging

Tip us?

rak007
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Nexus 7 (2012) refuses to power on after battery drain and subsequent charging

I own a Nexus 7 2012. It got full discharged over the weekend. So i put it for charging and wait for several hours. The tablet won't boot and neither any big battery symbol would come on the screen. I kept it for charging for more than a day and still it doesn't power on.
Tried power + volume down combination and nothing.
I am using original charger and cable and they work with other android phone so they are not defective.
How do I revive my nexus 7 ? Any suggestions ?
The tablet is not rooted, if it helps in any way.

Scott@ASUS
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
I own a Nexus 7 2012. It got full discharged over the weekend. So i put it for charging and wait for several hours. The tablet won't boot and neither any big battery symbol would come on the screen. I kept it for charging for more than a day and still it doesn't power on.
Tried power + volume down combination and nothing.
I am using original charger and cable and they work with other android phone so they are not defective.
How do I revive my nexus 7 ? Any suggestions ?
The tablet is not rooted, if it helps in any way.

Hello,

Below is listed a few troubleshooting steps that can power on a Nexus 7 when the battery has been completely discharged:

1. Charge the tablet from a wall outlet for one hour > Unplug your Nexus 7 > plug your Nexus 7 back in within 10 seconds > Hold the power button for 15 seconds.

2. Connect your Nexus device to a computerís USB port while the computer is on. > After 10-15 minutes, disconnect the USB cable from your Nexus device and reconnect it within 10 seconds. > After 1 minute, check to see if a battery icon appears on the screen. > Press & hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if your device turns on.

3. Press & hold the Volume down button. At the same time, press & hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds until you see an Android robot and the word Start on the screen. > Press the Volume down button until the screen shows the option to Power off. Press the Power button to select that option. > Disconnect the charger and reconnect it within 10 seconds. A battery icon should appear on your screen. > Once the battery icon appears on the screen, allow your device to charge for at least 1 hour before turning it back on.

I hope one of the steps listed above helps you power on your Nexus 7. If you need any further assistance please email me and place case number N140904697 in the subject line for reference.
Scott
ASUS Customer Loyalty

Email: CL-Scott1@ASUS.com

When emailing me, if you are not provided a case number please place XDA in the subject line for reference.
Tags
battery, dies, nexus, power