Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 2012 not updating after flash

Tip us?

seanwayne1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 7 2012 not updating after flash

Hello all,

I am fairly new to rooting so please bare with me, I'll keep this short since I know I screwed up big time. I have a Nexus 7 2012 running 4.2.1, I rooted it no problem. My issue is that I had the cyanogen mod rom and the gapps that I wanted to flash but couldn't flash the cyanogen, so I flashed the gapps. Needless to say..now google doesn't work (youtube, gmail, etc.). Tried to restore, but it keeps doing the same thing and it won't update at all. Still running the stock recovery and just wanted to know how to fix this problem so that I can eventually get on android 4.4.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean

norwoodesteel
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwayne1 View Post
Hello all,

I am fairly new to rooting so please bare with me, I'll keep this short since I know I screwed up big time. I have a Nexus 7 2012 running 4.2.1, I rooted it no problem. My issue is that I had the cyanogen mod rom and the gapps that I wanted to flash but couldn't flash the cyanogen, so I flashed the gapps. Needless to say..now google doesn't work (youtube, gmail, etc.). Tried to restore, but it keeps doing the same thing and it won't update at all. Still running the stock recovery and just wanted to know how to fix this problem so that I can eventually get on android 4.4.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean
go to stock recovery and do a factory reset and read alot more before you do anything else

seanwayne1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Didn't Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodesteel View Post
go to stock recovery and do a factory reset and read alot more before you do anything else
Thanks for the advice, but I tried that and once it comes back up I still get the "Unfortunately, Gmail, Youtube, Google Play Music, & Text-to-Speech has stopped." Should I try to manually update to 4.3, I read that I can't get to 4.4 without being on the earlier version.

rbeavers
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Flash the stock gapps.
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.