Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlock-Root Nexus 7 (2012) with Nexus Root Toolkit 1.8.6

OP Dan_OPKS

18th August 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
My Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi only (32GB tablet will not boot up and simply is stuck in the dancing colored balls after the Google splash screen.

My PC runs Windows 7 64-bit.

The tablet uses Kit Kat 4.4.4 and I can get to the "Start/Restart bootloader/Recovery mode/Power off" menu using the combination of the pushing the power button with the down-volume button and when I try to run the Recovery mode it doesn't work as it is stuck in the boot up but this time with the combination of the Google splash screen for about two seconds followed by the dancing colored balls for about 5 seconds and then switching to the Google splash screen...over and over.

Thus it never boots up.

I read about the Nexus Root Toolkit and trying this software to unlock, root and then flash the OS to get it working again.

But I can't get the device to be seen by Windows Explorer when connected with the USB cable (which is a cable from ASUS, I guess as it came with the tablet).

I question whether I can correctly get the USB debugging enabled and/or disabled as needed ... so can use the NRT software even though the tablet doesn't boot up?
20th August 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 68

423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_OPKS

My Nexus 7 (2012) WiFi only (32GB tablet will not boot up and simply is stuck in the dancing colored balls after the Google splash screen.

My PC runs Windows 7 64-bit.

The tablet uses Kit Kat 4.4.4 and I can get to the "Start/Restart bootloader/Recovery mode/Power off" menu using the combination of the pushing the power button with the down-volume button and when I try to run the Recovery mode it doesn't work as it is stuck in the boot up but this time with the combination of the Google splash screen for about two seconds followed by the dancing colored balls for about 5 seconds and then switching to the Google splash screen...over and over.

Thus it never boots up.

I read about the Nexus Root Toolkit and trying this software to unlock, root and then flash the OS to get it working again.

But I can't get the device to be seen by Windows Explorer when connected with the USB cable (which is a cable from ASUS, I guess as it came with the tablet).

I question whether I can correctly get the USB debugging enabled and/or disabled as needed ... so can use the NRT software even though the tablet doesn't boot up?

When you want to unlock your device using the toolkit, you should be in fastboot mode. As far as I remember, NRT automates everything, I am not sure why you had problems. Maybe try another USB port?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread