Nexus 9 to run Tegra K1

OP mejdam

23rd October 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #21  
Perth
Thanks Meter: 34

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
The K1 is insanely fast from what I've heard.
27th October 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 23

174 posts
Normally i don't like tegra chips, but i think i am in love with this chip already because it's dual core.
28th October 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #23  
Flag Yeovil
Thanks Meter: 93

585 posts
More
When my shield tablet was working right that felt extremely fast, loaded web pages so much faster than my g2, note 3 and games were just a breeze, really excited to see what Google has done with the nexus 9.
1st November 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
For viewing PDF's and searching for words within them (for textbooks and such), is that the CPU or GPU that handles it? I currently have a nexus 7 2013 and its quite slow at seaching words in PDF's much to my disappointment.
Hopefully the N9 is capable of searching things faster and loading them faster.

What does everyone else think?
1st November 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #25  
Kent
Thanks Meter: 41

573 posts
More
Pdfs are really slow on my g2 and n7 2013, you have to scroll down to a white page and wait for it to load. Its really annoying. Hope this is improved as well.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd November 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #26  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyZar

For viewing PDF's and searching for words within them (for textbooks and such), is that the CPU or GPU that handles it? I currently have a nexus 7 2013 and its quite slow at seaching words in PDF's much to my disappointment.
Hopefully the N9 is capable of searching things faster and loading them faster.

What does everyone else think?

Searching word within PDF should run on CPU. The slowness could be due to re-parsing each page while searching.

N9 could have big improvement over this since parsing text out of PDF is mostly integer operations, and K1 Denver has insane integer performance according to Geekbench scores(24xx vs 7xx for single core integer performance, 3X over Nexus 7 2013!).
Last edited by denglili; 2nd November 2014 at 06:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to denglili For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denglili

Searching word within PDF should run on CPU. The slowness could be due to re-parsing each page while searching.

N9 could have big improvement over this since parsing text out of PDF is mostly integer operations, and K1 Denver has insane integer performance according to Geekbench scores(24xx vs 7xx for single core integer performance, 3X over Nexus 7 2013!).

Thanks for the response.

Wow that sound's amazing. It's super frustrating in class searching for terms in my textbook and it literally takes forever to load all the pages. If it appears that you're correct, I'll be going Monday morning to pick up a N9.

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread