FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root

10,613 posts
Thanks Meter: 76,365

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th November 2014, 11:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NEW: CF-Auto-Root flashable: http://download.chainfire.eu/595/CF-...tis-nexus9.zip

Will update this post soon-ish!

--- old post follows ---

Quote:

This took a few hours more than I had hoped, because it's both the first firmware on a new Android version as well as 64-bit. While there have been 64-bit builds of the SuperSU binary for a while now, they were untested until now, and unsurprisingly there were a few (minor) issues to fix before it worked properly.

As such, this root includes SuperSU v2.18, which is a special build for the Nexus 9, which you should definitely not try to put on any other device, nor should you put an older version of SuperSU on the Nexus 9.

I have not yet updated the CF-Auto-Root framework to be able to patch the kernels live (needed on 5.0) or support 64-bit, so this is a more manual root than usual.

It pretty much comes down do:
- enable oem unlocking in Android's developer options
- fastboot oem unlock
- fastboot boot inject.img
- fastboot flash boot patched.img

The included README.TXT is a little bit more extensive, but not by much, and if you don't know what the above does then maybe you shouldn't bother (yet).

Please note that many root apps will have issues with both Android 5.0 as well as 64-bit. There may also be more issues with SuperSU on 64-bit that I have not found yet.

Guess it's time to fix up CFAR and update the new How-To SU with all the 5.0 specifics. That'll all take some time, though.

^^^ from my G+

Download:
http://download.chainfire.eu/592/CF-...erSU-v2.18.zip
The Following 195 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th November 2014, 11:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Knew it wouldn't take long! Thanks!
5th November 2014, 12:14 AM |#3  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 4,519

Donate to Me
More
This came faster than my tablet
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 12:30 AM |#4  
Flag Kingsport, TN
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Awesome. Just got mine today and already unlocked, just waiting on word from you to root. Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 9
5th November 2014, 12:40 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag u:r:usbhost:s0
Thanks Meter: 4,883

More
can’t wait
need root so bad
The Following User Says Thank You to USBhost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USBhost Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 12:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 76,365

Donate to Me
More
Boom
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 12:47 AM |#7  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Rooted ?
5th November 2014, 12:55 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor

More
nexus 9 rooted ty so much
5th November 2014, 01:06 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 504

More
A quick video guide for those of you that prefer visual aids.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to owenbeals For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift owenbeals Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 01:11 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor

More
Now we need busybox
5th November 2014, 01:20 AM |#11  
Flag Buckhannon
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can't get it to work...
Booted both images just as instructed. Then first full boot after booting the images, it won't accept touch at the encryption screen. Hold the power button then it reboots and boots fine. Open SuperSU app and it says no root binary... I'm still fidgeting with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)