Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ACS][ROM][4.0.4 NS4G] Pool Party V1.2.1 Milestone 1 6/6/12

Tip us?
 
dreamsforgotten
Old
#751  
dreamsforgotten's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552
Posts: 5,011
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
I won't get notifications for my texts. It won't show up in the bar, vibrate, or make noise sometimes... I just have to go in and see see if I got a new message. Though I don't think this is rom specific, I believe I remember reading the stock OTA had the same issue.
That's honestly never happened on my gnex i don't have service on my ns4g to test.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
 
rjones9902
Old
#752  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 323
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Thank You Again

To Dreams, as a crack flasher of ROMs, i again want to thank you for a superb ROM you've put out, Milestone 1.2.1. I have tried many ROMs and none of them delivered quite the way yours does. I've combined your ROM with Matr!x 20.0 kernel and the results have been incredible. I've always been a guy who would turn off the auto sync function in order to save more battery. But not in this case, i have it on and i still can get through the entire day without having to charge up!
It's great to be able to have full use of a smartphone, thanks again!
 
dreamsforgotten
Old
#753  
dreamsforgotten's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552
Posts: 5,011
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjones9902 View Post
To Dreams, as a crack flasher of ROMs, i again want to thank you for a superb ROM you've put out, Milestone 1.2.1. I have tried many ROMs and none of them delivered quite the way yours does. I've combined your ROM with Matr!x 20.0 kernel and the results have been incredible. I've always been a guy who would turn off the auto sync function in order to save more battery. But not in this case, i have it on and i still can get through the entire day without having to charge up!
It's great to be able to have full use of a smartphone, thanks again!
Thank you very much, this is what makes those hours worth it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
 
jivetrky
Old
#754  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 247
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
I won't get notifications for my texts. It won't show up in the bar, vibrate, or make noise sometimes... I just have to go in and see see if I got a new message. Though I don't think this is rom specific, I believe I remember reading the stock OTA had the same issue.
So far, I have only experienced it with this rom. I had it with v.5 then swapped to paranoidandroid(which I believe it cm9 based) and and didn't have it. Then came back to the latest pool party and had it again. I don't text a lot so I'm not sure if it happens with other things. Google Talk seems to notify just fine. But sometimes (often) Gmail will not notify.
 
dreamsforgotten
Old
#755  
dreamsforgotten's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552
Posts: 5,011
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivetrky View Post
So far, I have only experienced it with this rom. I had it with v.5 then swapped to paranoidandroid(which I believe it cm9 based) and and didn't have it. Then came back to the latest pool party and had it again. I don't text a lot so I'm not sure if it happens with other things. Google Talk seems to notify just fine. But sometimes (often) Gmail will not notify.
Try going into gmails actual settings for notifications, and change everything like vibrate and ringtone, if they are how you like them change them back but see if it triggers it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
 
jivetrky
Old
#756  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 247
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten View Post
Try going into gmails actual settings for notifications, and change everything like vibrate and ringtone, if they are how you like them change them back but see if it triggers it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
OK, doing it now, will report back later!
 
zackandethan
Old
#757  
zackandethan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 136
Posts: 988
Join Date: Mar 2011
Hey now, I thought USB tether didn't work ? Funny I'm using it right now . Working fine .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
 
dreamsforgotten
Old
#758  
dreamsforgotten's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552
Posts: 5,011
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivetrky View Post
OK, doing it now, will report back later!
Actually it seems whatever the active window is it don't send them. If your in mms and you lock it there is no notification but if you hit home before you lock the screen it seems them, i noticed this with talk today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
 
FrostyF7
Old
#759  
FrostyF7's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 260
Posts: 1,043
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ann Arbor
So this is where the real party is at isn't it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus


 
dreamsforgotten
Old
#760  
dreamsforgotten's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2552
Posts: 5,011
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyF7 View Post
So this is where the real party is at isn't it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Well yeah lmao!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://www.dreamsforgotten.net.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes