Post Reply

[Build:2-6-12] Unofficial Cyanogenmod Nightlies

2nd February 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #101  
joenathane's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 536
 
1,319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

Isn't a kanged rom mean there is stuff in it or modified that isn't in the official rom? I thought this was a direct port of the nightlies?

It just means it's not released in an official capacity, nothing more.
The Following User Says Thank You to joenathane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #102  
Evo_Shift's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 350
 
1,839 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I see in the first post it said to look at the second post for the "cm settings" which I assume is what would allow me to adjust the backlight levels. Where would I get that or is it baked into the rom now? I cannot find it so I assume I will need to flash something.

Edit - nevermind, I found it under display settings of all places...
2nd February 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #103  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
3,022 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenathane

It just means it's not released in an official capacity, nothing more.

Exactly. Even Burnsa's CM9 release is considered a kang but a self-kang.
The Following User Says Thank You to jesusice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Recurrent deletion of apps
After a thorough wipe, I installed the latest nightly and GAPPS. I then use Titanioum Pro to batch restore my previously stored apps. Several apps, including Camera and GoogleVoice, had to be individually restored manually. If I then flash a new Nightly without wiping, these same apps are deleted and I have to manually restore them again one by one.

So, the Nightlies delete several particular apps (the same ones each time), and Titanium cannot restore them as part of a batch restore.

Any ideas on what's going on here?
2nd February 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #105  
wild1z's Avatar
Senior Member
Minne"snow" dah!
Thanks Meter: 97
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

I see in the first post it said to look at the second post for the "cm settings" which I assume is what would allow me to adjust the backlight levels. Where would I get that or is it baked into the rom now? I cannot find it so I assume I will need to flash something.

Edit - nevermind, I found it under display settings of all places...

I went and read the CM Wiki and they are focusing on having those CM "parts" settings within the systems settings to make them more user friendly. Makes sense to me I guess. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Cya...ser_Experience

Glad you found them.
2nd February 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #106  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
3,022 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wctom

After a thorough wipe, I installed the latest nightly and GAPPS. I then use Titanioum Pro to batch restore my previously stored apps. Several apps, including Camera and GoogleVoice, had to be individually restored manually. If I then flash a new Nightly without wiping, these same apps are deleted and I have to manually restore them again one by one.

So, the Nightlies delete several particular apps (the same ones each time), and Titanium cannot restore them as part of a batch restore.

Any ideas on what's going on here?

Its because you're restoring system apps. Titanium won't batch restore system apps and the nightlies clear everything out of /system.
2nd February 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #107  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusice

Its because you're restoring system apps. Titanium won't batch restore system apps and the nightlies clear everything out of /system.

Thanks. So, the rest of you have to manually restore system apps after flashing a Nightly, too?

Any workaround, since it is inconvenient to go thru this with every Nightly?
2nd February 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #108  
wild1z's Avatar
Senior Member
Minne"snow" dah!
Thanks Meter: 97
 
562 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I always exclude restore apps on things like camera, gmail, voice because they are part of the update you just flashed or they are signed and permed for the Rom. Data is another story. I still don't have TB do the data on Voice because it needs to be activated anyway with each install. I do have it restore data on my Pandora, conductor, handcent and other apps that have special settings and login passwords. Hope that helps.
Last edited by wild1z; 2nd February 2012 at 10:02 PM.
2nd February 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #109  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
3,022 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wctom

Thanks. So, the rest of you have to manually restore system apps after flashing a Nightly, too?

Any workaround, since it is inconvenient to go thru this with every Nightly?

You shouldn't have to restore camera, its already included in the ROM. For Voice and other apps you could just download the app from the Market and use Titanium to restore just the data. Then the app will be in /data and will remain between flashes.

Or you could take the Gapps zip, unzip it, stick the apks you want to be in system in /system/app then rezip the Gapps (making sure you don't use any compression) and sign it. Then you could just flash the nightly and then your custom Gapps after every flash. I used to do that on my last phone that had less storage space in /data. Root Explorer and Zip Signer will allow you to all these things from your phone if you want.
2nd February 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1z

I always exclude restore apps on things like camera, gmail, voice because they are part of the update you just flashed or they are signed and permed for the Rom. Data is another story. I still don't have TB do the data on Voice because it needs to be activated anyway with each install. I do have it restore data on my Pandora, conductor, handcent and other apps that have special settings and login passwords. Hope that helps.

In my case, Camera and Voice don't show up with the Nightly updates. Gmail restores fine.

With the other ROMS I've tried, beyond the initial total wipe and install, updates leave all my apps in place.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes